013

Hey all, I'm going to try something new!

I'm going to put in lyrics from a modern song, and the first person to guess will get a tag in the beginning of the next chapter! Also, the song will represent the chapter in some way. *note* I'm only going to to this for the next 3 chapters! Happy guessing!!!

Song of the chapter:

I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
And all I wanna do is to fall in deep
But close ain't close enough 'til we cross the line
So name a game to play, and I'll roll the dice.

______________________________

Mike still couldn't sleep knowing that Eleven wanted to talk to him. He thought of all the possible things that could have happened to her at Hawkins. It actually made him mad when he thought too hard. He suddenly realized how fucked up her situation was; she was an actual human test subject. At that moment he began to understand her more. It's reasonable why she acted and thought the way she did.

In the morning, Mike woke up on the floor. A tiny throw pillow supported his head and his body naturally curled up to contain his heat. Eleven sat up on the couch, watching him from up on the couch. She was weary of today; she knew she had explaining to do. But she was only half worried, because they trusted each other. Mike had a kind and caring heart, there's no way that he would be mad at Eleven, not at all. Eleven was just worried about how Mike would handle all of this. Would he even believe her?

Eleven uncrossed her legs and tapped Mike with her foot. He jolted awake when she touched him. He looked around, and realized he was on the floor. He runs a hand over his tired face and gives Eleven a warm look. He rises and sits next to her on the couch, but Eleven scoots away. She wants to talk with him now to get things over with. Mike looks at her puzzled. He suddenly remembers last night, and how awful he felt. Eleven tapped the corner of her eye near the bridge of her nose.

"This is hard to talk about," Mike moves his mouth over to the side and just listens to her.

"They did bad things. Strapped me down, made me hurt people and animals, kicked me, kept me locked up," Mike looked at her and instantly felt anger. He wanted to cry, but he wanted to be strong for her.

"The amount of touching and poking that happened in one day..." She trailed off and began to cry. The only thing Mike could do was embrace her. He hugged her so tight, he never wanted to let go. He let her sob into his shoulder. A single tear escaped his eye, but only because he was frustrated. He was mad that someone could do something like that to her, not his Eleven.

"El, I'm so sorry. I-I would never hurt you." She looks at Mike and smiles through her tears.

"I know that." Mike bears a tiny smile and hugs her more. They stay like that for a while, being together and comforting each other. Mike wonders why Eleven even lets him touch her.

It's not like my intentions are to hurt her, and she knows that.

He thinks to himself. Eleven finally understands trust and everything that has to come with love. She's never felt so intensely about anything in her life, and it's kinda overwhelming. They sit curled up on the couch, hugging. Trying to understand one another without saying a single word.

_________

Mike pushes the shopping cart, and Eleven giggles from inside the basket. Karen walks ahead of them, looking through every isle for something she could need.

"El, we start school again soon, and we should get you some new clothes." Karen hears this and turns around.

"Well ok I guess?" She says with a sarcastic chuckle.

"We'll be back!" Mike yells before zooming off with the shopping cart with Eleven still inside. She lets out a yell at the sudden change in pace. Karen shakes her head and continues to look at things in the isle.

Eleven holds up a pair of white high waisted jeans and a earthy green turtle neck sweater. Mike nods his head and she throws it in the cart. She skips through the racks of clothes and drags her fingertips over the clothes as she passes by them. She stops when something catches her eye: a maroon dress with a white collar and white trim at where it ends. She doesn't even ask for Mikes approval on this one, she just throws it in the cart.

"I think school will be fun" she says to Mike. He rolls his eyes with a cheeky smirk. He thinks school will be fun, too. But only because now Eleven will be by his side.

________________________________

Hi so I'm sorry this chapter is short and kinda sucks :/ I'll make up for it though! (I hope lol)