02

Mikes POV

My drawer flys open as I frantically search for pants and a t-shirt. This seems like an impossible task at the moment. I find myself back in the doorway to the bathroom.

"Uh here! The comfiest clothes I have" she smiles big and takes the clothes from my hands. She looks at the shower then at me.

"Oh here I'll turn it on" I turn the water just perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.

"I'll give you some privacy." I try to shut the door but I should have known better.

"I'll stand guard." She laughs. I've never heard her laugh, and why was that funny to her. My back is against the door and I can feel the steam coming from crack in the door. Just as much as I've never heard her laugh, I've never heard her sing either. She hums a soft tune to herself. No words, just humming. My eyes start to get heavy hearing her voice echo in our acoustical bathroom. I lean my cheek on hand and that was it.

I jerk backwards suddenly hitting my head on the cold tile floor. I look up to see a smiling Eleven looking down on me.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep" I chuckle as well. I stand up and pretend to dust myself off. She thought that was funny too.

"You have a really pretty singing voice." Oh. I didn't mean to blurt that out. Whoops.

She grins and looks at her feet. I swear I can see her blushing.

"What. You don't think so?"  She shakes her head and scrunches her nose. I don't think anyone has told her that before.

Downstairs my mom had made something to eat for El. While she ate mom told me to go fix up the living room for her. I'm surprised she's being so nice and...willing. If this were last month mom wouldn't have even let her in.

Eleven does look different. Health class and my mom have told me that kids go through changes where they aren't kids anymore. Of course I understand it, but El doesn't. Her legs are longer mostly. Petite torso and a womanly face. Still the same beautiful Eleven to me.

Elevens POV

I watch Mike in the living room from the dinning room. Mike is different. Less of a boy and more like a...older boy? I don't know the word. I find it enjoyable to look at him, and I love his clothes more than anything. They smell good. My shoulder length hair now flows when I stand up to thank Karen for giving me food. I make my way to the living room and Mike opens his arms wide.

"Ta da! All yours! I hope he couch is comfortable enough for you, soon we will get you a real bed." I look at him and he's filled with joy and excitement.

"It's perfect" I say just above a whisper. He seems to be very happy that I said that. I make my way over to the couch and slide under the covers. I sigh in relief. I'm safe now, with my friends, with the Wheelers, with Mike.

Mike puts on a strange show that I do not understand. He tries to explain it to me but I'm not paying attention to that. I like hearing his voice. He can talk so much and knows so many words that I don't know. Mike looks at his watch on his wrist.

"12:10 I should go to bed." He says with a yawn in between. He turns off the TV and pulls my covers up to my chin.

"If you need anything I'm right upstairs, " he points to the stairs. "You know where my room is." I become worried. I didn't know he was leaving. He begins to walk away but I call out.

"I-I don't like being alone." He walks back over to me.

"I know. But my mom...she'll think something weird is going on." I'm even more confused now. I don't know what that means. We stare at each other for a while before he leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips. My eyes flutter shut. This was better than the first time he kissed me. It didn't feel rushed or forceful. This was gentle and innocent. My eyes stay closed when we part. I open my eyes and he's staring at me again. I blush a tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Goodnight Mike" I say softly. He stands and walks to the staircase.

"Goodnight El."

Mikes POV

My door opens at 3:28 am. I'm not surprised at who I see standing there. She's clutching a blanket close to her body and she's shaking.

"El what's wrong? What happened?" I ask in concerning tone. She takes in a shaky breath.

"Nightmare...I had a nightmare." I pat the foot of my bed, indicating for her to sit down. She questions at first, then sits criss crossed facing me, still gripping the blanket.

"So what was your dream about" I didn't want to pry. But also I wanted to help her. She shakes her head. I'm taking that as 'I don't want to talk about it.'

"Do you get those...nightmares?" She sounded scared almost. As if she thought she was the only person who gets nightmares.

"Yea. I get them all the time." She looks down and plays with her fingers.

"But, they aren't real," she looks up "dreams aren't really there. Your mind makes them up. Usually good dreams are so good that you think they're real, but they aren't." her eyebrows stitch together.

"Is this a dream?" I grab her hand.

"No El. I'm here. This is all real, and I'm so glad it's all real" she smiles again.

"This feels like a really good dream."

_______

Mike knows damn well that Eleven isn't leaving his room. Hell, he didn't care if his mom saw them. They're only sleeping. What's wrong with that? Eleven slipped under mikes covers and got comfortable immediately. Mike on the other hand laid stiff as a board. Mike was afraid of messing up. El turned to look at Mike she gave a tired smile and yawned. Mike saw the beauty in everything she did. Even when she was wild and filthy, it didn't bother Mike. Not one bit. He had complete devotion to this girl, and no one else understood it. Eleven had fallen asleep, but Mike was wide awake. He didn't want to move and wake her up. She shifted closer to him and laid her head on his chest. Her little noise she made while moving made him laugh, it was cute to him. He didn't know what to do with his arm so he put it around her. This felt right to him. He too felt like his heart was beating again for the first time. And just as Mike was about to fall in to a deep sleep, he swears he hears a faint

"Night Mike."

________________________________

Note: is this too much for 14/15 year olds? I mean cuddling is cute but it doesn't cross the line..I don't think. Let me know because I know some people have an issue with it. Thanks! :)