09

Mike had a dream all of his friends were riding bikes together. Not so unusual, but Eleven was there too, riding a bike. He nearly flew out of bed and scrambled to get changed and put his shoes on. He jumps down stairs, skipping a few. His excitement bubbled in him as he reached the basement. Eleven sat up and rubbed her eyes. She made a questioning noise and yawned.

"El! Get your shoes on." She looked angry for some reason.

"What? Why?" She peeled the blanket from her legs and stood up with a groan. She stretched and her bones creaked.

"Because," he opens the basement door. "I'm teaching you how to ride a bike."

__

She tucked the ankles of her sweatpants in her high tops, like Mike told her to. Her sneakers felt weird without socks on, and her toes were numb. She had Mikes winter coat zipped all the way up to her chin. Her breath could be seen in the air; her nose and cheeks were rosy from the cold.

"Ok so you put both of your feet here," Mike kneels down, adjusting her feet on the pedals. "And your hands go here." One at a time he places her hands on each handle bar. Her hands are cold and clammy, but his are warm.

"And if you want to stop, just put your feet on the ground. Got it?" She nods but Mike has a sense she has no idea what he's talking about. He puts a hand on the seat, and another on her hand. He walks side ways with her while she pedals. It's shaky at first, but she's starting to get the hang of it. Mike feels her beginning to fall over.

"Mike!" She screams, trying to get her balance.

"It's ok! I got you!" She steadies out again, and she seems to be doing fine. Mike doesn't tell her that he's let got, and she rides the bike just fine. She turns and stops, like she has been taught at a young age. She cheers and throws her ands up in the air. She starts peddling towards Mike, and he stands in the path of her destruction. The bike stops right before hitting him. Eleven giggles excitedly, and Mike leans over the front of the handle bars to plant a kiss on her lips. Their faces are cold and lips a little chapped. Mike felt his cheeks heat up immediately, and Elevens nose touches his. They pull always and look at each other. Mike is pale besides where his freckles line the bridge of his nose and cheeks; there's color there.

"C'mon," Eleven gets off the bike and he gets on "let's ride around, see what's going on." He pats the back of his bike where El normally sits. She sat behind him and snaked her arms around his waist to hold on. She leaned her head on his back and enjoyed the view. The sky was gray, and the town was quiet. His body heat was starting to warm her, and she could suddenly tolerate the cold. She closed her eyes for what seemed like a split second, but she opened them again to see snow falling from the sky. Mike was going slow, so this have Eleven an opportunity to hold out her and and catch the falling crystals from the sky. When they touched her hand, they melted right away. Eleven was extremely fascinated by this. She rubbed her fingers against each other and her hands were cold and wet.

"Snow." She says quietly. Mikes white knuckles tightly grip the handlebars when he turns into the woods. Eleven puts her hood up on the jacket. Her ears are so cold they feel hot. She looks around and marvels at the snow sticking to the branches. She likes the contrast in color from dark to light. They stop, and Mike places his feet on the ground to prevent them from falling over. El still grips Mike tightly. They look around and it's all so quiet. You could practically hear the snowflakes hitting the leaves on the forest floor. She looks up and the snow swirls down onto her face. Mike does the same, but he sticks his tongue out. Eleven copies him, and she laughs when she realizes they're melting. Mike watches her look around, and he's never seen her so beautiful. Everything around her is white and untouched, except her eyes. Her eyes are dark and deep and he wonders if she notices him staring. Her big clouded eyes stand out against the blanket of snow that has accumulated on the ground. She bears her teeth and laughs, breaking the silence. Mike is pretty sure it's the purest thing he's ever heard. Her misty eyes meet his own, and she bites her thumb. He holds her hand and they continue to ogle at the silence around them. He leans over and kisses the side of her mouth. She turns to him and speaks with her eyes. She doesn't want to disrupt the lull they've both created. She reached a hand out and brushes the snowflakes off of mikes hair. He has a few resting in his eyelashes. She giggles because she thinks it's cute. Eleven has never felt this amount of peace in her life. She wants to cherish it forever, especially with Mike. Only with Mike.

When they get back to the house, they still haven't spoken. They don't need to. Mike hands her warm clothes and she makes her way to the bathroom. Mike jogs up stairs and pours packets of instant hot coco in two mugs, and sets them in the microwave. Mike put a tape in the VCR and brought the hot chocolate to the living room. He sat on the couch, waiting for Eleven. She came upstairs and curled up right next to him immediately. He threw a blanket over the both of them while they watched 'Sixteen Candles.' Eleven closed her eyes and took a small sip from the mug. The heat from the drink warmed her entire body. She felt it slip down her throat and burn her tongue. Eleven comes to the conclusion that snow and winter are her favorite. Mike rubs her back gently the entire movie. This puts Eleven to sleep. He hears faint snores coming from her. He sips his (now cold) hot chocolate and smiles to himself. He kisses her head and rubs her back some more.

"Goodnight Eleven."

___________________________

I enjoyed writing this Chapter a lot. I hope you guys enjoyed this cute lil scene I made up. :)