Chapter 12

Aria POV

I’ll have to talk to Allie. Does she have to act like she’s the best all the time? She could at least have some decency and act as if it didn’t matter instead of giving those who might get a better result than her grief. Yes, I’ll talk to her. And so what if it sounds too harsh? She needs to learn. I wonder if Rose understood my warning. Maybe, maybe not. “The Dauntless initiates summon Rose, Allie, Aria and Daniel.” Calls a voice. I look up and see Nate leaning against the doorframe. His arms folded, a smirk on his face. Rose jumps up, “And if we don’t come?” she grins, crossing the room anyway. Nate laughs. “We’ll throw you in the chasm.” Daniel walks over, followed by Allie. I sigh and walk over reluctantly. Nate smiles, “Follow me then.”

We end up at the dauntless intiates dorm. Nate opens the door. “Our victims are here!” he grins. The initiates are sitting in a circle. A girl with dark hair smiles. “Don’t worry, it’s just truth or dare,” then she adds “well, maybe you should worry about the dare part.” Rose walks over and sits next to her. “We should rename it Candor or Dauntless.” She says. The girl smirks. “Why? Cause that was your choice on choosing day?” Everyone, including Rose, laughs. “Yeah, that’s exactly it” Rose says.

The dauntless introduce themselves. Theres eight of them all up. Nate, Alex- the girl by Rose, Zander- a boy with dyed red hair, Kasie- Alex’s twin sister, Sadie- a girl with red hair and a ton of ear peircings, Joe- the boy sitting by me, and Brody and Carter, the two twin brothers who look and act so alike,  you would have to watch them carefully to tell them apart. Alex grins, “lets get this game started!”

Rose POV

“Zander, truth or dare?”  Alex says. Zander replies quickly, “truth.” Alex rolls her eyes. “Wuss. Okay, if you had to pick one of the transfers in this room to kiss, who would you pick?” Zander smirks. “Allie.” He looks around then says; “Aria, truth or dare.” Aria’s eyes widen, but she calmly replies, “Truth” Zander grins. “If you had to date one guy in here, who would you choose?” Aria bites her lip. “I don’t know… Daniel maybe? I know him the best out of all of you, after all.” Aria looks guiltily at Daniel who just smiles at her. Aria waits a while before she speaks again. “Nate, truth or dare?” she asks. Nate laughs, “who do you think I am?” he asks. Aria swallows, “so… dare?” she asks. Nate nods. “Okay Nate, I dare you to…” she looks around the room. Is she pausing for dramatic effect? Or does she really not know what to dare him to do? Eleven pairs of eyes are on her, waiting for her to speak. She finds my eyes, and hers light up. She speaks again. “Nate, I dare you to kiss Rose.”