Ch.26

Ebele's POV

After Aphmau said goodnight to her boys she left. I went over to Levin and Malachi's bedside. I crouched down and looked back at Levin and Malachi.

Malachi way still awake and Levin had his eyes haft open. I smiled at them and had the urge to pat them on the head. I held back and they smiled back.

"Hey bell," Levin said." Guess wat."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Tomorwo, me, Malachi and Zowy are goiyg on a twip." He answered with a huge smile.

"That sounds amazing," I said." Do you know where you're going?"

"Nope, but I hop it's somewher happy!" He answered." But momma gonna come later after she done helping others. So I hope she come back safe with no bobos."

"Me too," I said." I hope everyone helping will be safe."

"Yeah..." he said as he yawned." Are you coming with us too?"

"No I'm not," I answered." Me and my brother are staying to help."

"Then I hop you two ar safe when we come bak." He said with a yawn.

"Thank you Levin," I said." I hope you have fun on your trip."

"Thank yu." He said.

"Now, it's time for bed." I said.

"Ok..." he said as his eyes started to shut." Good night..."

"Good night, Levin..." I said.

Then I turned my attention to Malachi. He gave me a small smile.

"Be careful when danger comes." He whispered.

"You too," I said." Watch over Levin and the others."

"I will," he said." Good night."

"Good night." I said.

Then Malachi slowly went closed his eyes and fell asleep. I smiled and stood up. I walked to the door but stopped.

I looked back at Levin and Malachi. I hope they get away safe from here. I looked back at the door and left Aphmau's house.

Then I went to our hideout. Once I got there, I saw Aaron looking out at the sea. I walked up to him.

"I'm back." I said as I looked at the sea.

"Welcome," he said without looking at me." And I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked.

"I went further away from Phoenix Drop," he answered." You must have felt pain."

"My feelings don't matter right now," I said." What matters is winning this war and ending One-eyed."

"Of course your feelings matter." He said.

"Lets be honest," I said." No one's feelings matter until the war ends."

"Woh," he said." That's not like you to say that."

"Sorry," I apologized." But when it comes to O'kasis or One-eyed, I tend to focus on destroying them."

"I don't blame you," he said." I bet anyone would do anything to end them."

"It shouldn't be a bet," I said." It's the truth..."

"Alright..." he said." But don't go over board when it comes. And stay near me."

"Alright," I said." But I can only promise one of those things."

"And why?" He asked as he looked at me.

"Because when I find One-eyed..." I said as I looked at him." I'll kill him."

"Not if I find him first..." he challenged as he sat down.

"Oh really?" I said as I sat down." Also did you find out what happened near the wall?"

"I did," he answered." When I was out there, I ran into the man named Laurence. He told me that O'kasis shot one of there men down and attacked."

"Just as I suspected." I said.

"Did anything happened in the village?" He asked.

"I don't think anyone knows what's going on except for the guards, Aphmau and Zoey," I explained." And I think the villagers who won't fight in the war are going somewhere else."

"That's good." He said.

"Do you think Aphmau will tell you about this?" I asked.

"With everything going on in the village, probably not." He answered.

"Alright." I said.

"I want you to stay near her," He said." To see what's going on."

"And so I can inform you?" I guessed.

"Yeah." He answered.

"I'll start tomorrow," I said as Aaron layed down." Sleeping already?"

"Yeah," He answered with a yawn." I feel really tired."

"Well get some rest," I said.

"Wish I can say the same to you." He said.

"Well you never know what will happen tomorrow." I said as I looked up at the sky.

"Your right." He said.

When I looked over at him, he was fast asleep. I smiled and looked back at the night sky.