Epilogue

"CHARLOTTE!"

"Ja?" Charlotte shouted back, slowly walking away from Hans, the palomino Hippogriff she was working with. 

Her eyes were locked with his intelligent ones until he huffed and walked away from her. The wind whipped her long hair around, making her even more irritated at being interrupted by her colleague.

"What is it?" Charlotte asked Absalon.

"He's back." He panted as he came to a rest in front of her. 

He was a short, dark man who helped with the feeding with the Hippogriff's. He was older than Charlotte but revered her in the keep. 

"Hvem?" She asked, not understanding what the bloody hell he was talking about.

"You Know Who. He's back." His face was full of terror, the implication horrible.

"It's okay Absalon, we'll be okay here. How did you find out?" Charlotte soothed him, rubbing the short man's back. 

Terror gripped her heart but she didn't want to show it to him. He needed to calm down so that she can hear what he has to tell her.

"My mor sent me a newspaper. It's horrible, there's something really bad things happening." He swallowed, now looking up at her.

"Okay, I'm going to owl my dad and find out what's happening." Charlotte said and he nodded.

She turned around and ran down the green hill, dread settling into her stomach. In her haste, she couldn't appreciate the rolling hills they lived on. They weren't too high up really, but it was out of the way from the muggles and any Hippogriff poachers. Charlotte entered the main hut, and saw a few owls perching, including her own. She frowned  as she didn't recognize the one owl. Her fathers owl was a white barn owl and this one was a big black one.

"Hello there, who are you from?" She petted the black, unfamiliar owl, who preened under her hands.

She untied the letter and saw her name. It was from her brother, the script hurried and sweeping in his anxiety.

"Min skat." The husky voice usually made her melt on the spot but right now, she needed to concentrate on the letters in front of her.

"Rainir, I can't right now. You-Know-Who is back." She said with a touch of panic in her voice as she read the letter from her brother. 

She grabbed the newspaper Absalon mentioned, Open War 1996 blaring out in big letters, on the front page. The article went into the details her brother confirmed in his letter.

"Do you need to go home?" His voice was full of concern and panic. She shook her head.

"No I was told to stay here. I hate this. I don't like not doing anything." She moaned and he enveloped her into his arms.

She looked up at the handsome man and he had an unusually kind smile on his face. His ice blonde hair was tousled from the wind outside and his ice blue eyes were concerned. He wasn't usually so forthcoming with his emotions and this show of emotions made her melt even more than she usually did. It wasn't the most appropriate time but this happened more and more the longer she worked here.

"Is everyone safe?" He asked.

"Yes, Jackson has taken my dad to our old house in Uganda, and they are going to help out with recruitment or something. They asked me to send sympathetic wizards their way."

"God. I will help. Everyone will be okay, min skat." 

His strong words made her feel safe and content in his arms. Her anxiety fell away as she rested her head on his broad chest.