Sweet Good-byes

This is dedicated to forevermystic because she's an amazing writter! There is no other reason needed :)

It's been forever but I hate to say I've had it almost done for a while :\ Well, I hope you like it :D

~~~~~

I've been awake for a while now, and I'm stiff. It's like my body knows it's going to hurt when I move. I'm not complaining though. Apparently the driver broke her nose and arm. She had nothing to do with my stupidity, and I feel so bad. Her face must be bruising around her nose. I can't imagine how she's going to deal with it. I hate when I have a stuffed nose!

My head feels a little empty not because the sound wasn't there, but it just felt empty. I'm not going to try and explain it. I don't even think I can. Someone walking into the room pulled me out of my thoughts.

The man had long light blonde hair held loosely in a hair tie. He has some facial hair, but it's really thin. His frame is slim and exotic even in the unflattering white coat. His hands look sturdy and elegant. His big eyes are outlined by a nice pair of lashes. If he had been well shaven, he'd look like a woman, a tall woman with no chest but a woman none the less.

The doctor stood there as I soaked in these details, but it took me a second to realize he was nervous about something. I tilted my head to the side slightly, an old habit that is here to stay.

He tugged at his green turtle neck sweater before advancing into the room. He flicked his eyes up, but it took a few tries before he held my gaze.

"Hello."

He jumped a little; maybe I was a little louder than intended. His mouth opened," Um, hi."

"Is there something you need doctor," I asked trying to control my volume better.

"Excuse me but you are Teddy, right?"

"Yes, are you my doctor?"

"I believe I am, but I'm surprised."

"Surprised?"

"The chart says you are unable to hear but, um, we're conversing quite well." Who says conversing? He looked down at the chart, so I had to lean my neck in an awkward way to check if he was talking anymore. He was.

I sigh a little, but I was actually a little interested," Excuse me, but do you mind looking at me when you speak?"

His head shot up, and he looked confused," I'm sorry that was rude." He paused for a second," I'm sure that they didn't make a mistake so..." he trailed off and his eyes widened a fraction; I think it's dawned on him. I feel a little crazy, because I wanted to respond to that sing-song voice in my head.

"Hehe, yeah I can't hear you, but I think I'm getting the hang of this lip reading business," I flashed him a smile. I remember when I just started middle school I would spend hours every week looking into a mirror trying out different facial expressions and movements. Oh, the good old days full of fretting and discovery.

"Well, that's great. Your ability to adapt is very impressive and your attitude towards the situation might make this a little easier."

"Uh, doctor as good as I am at reading lips could you maybe write down an explanation of what's going to happen."

He nodded in agreement. As he wrote on a piece of paper, his face slipped into a serious line but a sympathetic shine gleamed through his eyes. As the well worn mask was put in place, he looked more at ease than before.

He titled his head up and made sure I was reading his lips," Ask me if you don't understand anything." He passed me the clip board.

The membrane of the cochlear is ruptured in both your ears and because of this the perilymph liquid is leaking into your inner ears. The liquid stimulates movement in the inner parts of your ear.