"So I'll see you when you come out. I am only attending to a patient now but I am free for the day after two hours if there is no emergency. I'm afraid of emergency surgeries, but that does not mean I'm not good at them." He winked at her and opened the door for her.

She nodded and got into the room where Alfonso lay covered by blue hospital duvets. He had a white cap on and had tubes all over his face and body. He was in a transparent glass not moving even a bit. Helena looked back to find the door closed, Doctor Dawson already out and gone leaving them in privacy.

She fingered the glass instinctively looking at someone who resembled Alfonso Diego, the sophisticated man she had married. He looked fragile and totally helpless as he lay breathing through a mask. The monitors were beeping rhythmically but otherwise the room was silent.

"Sir Diego...how are you?" Something pricked in her heart and tears welled up in her eyes, she chuckled incredulously. "That is a stupid question, you are not fine. You don't look okay."

She snivelled then wiped her tears off her cheeks. "Clanville is quiet. I am fine and so is everyone. Yesterday there was a storm, I slept pretty late, the raindrops were irritating. I am talking too much now." She snivelled again wiping her top lip which happened to be wet due to the running nose.

"The poor soul sat..." She began singing, something she did to sooth her heart. Alfonso's illness made her scared and vulnerable, she wondered what she would do without him in the house.

"Sighing under the sycamore tree..." She listened to the monitors beeping and the water works broke out even the more. What if...what if he died. No he wouldn't die.

"Sing all a green willow. Sing Willow...sing willow..." She turned leaning her back on the glass tube Alfonso lay in and sunk to the ground. She cried for herself and her parents who had let her go to a stranger. She cried for the day she had said I do to marrying Sir Diego. Finally, she cried for Sir Diego who lay unconscious on the bed and could not help himself in any way.

"Her hand on her bosom, her head on her knee..." She looked up at Alfonso and smiled through tears, "Why am I breaking down, Sir Diego?" Alfonso obviously did not answer but the door did as it creaked open. She stood up awkwardly and rushed towards the doctor who had just opened the door.

"Why is he in that glass?" She whispered now near doctor Foster and wiping the tears off her eyes using the sleeves of her dress.

"Good morning Lady Diego. We incubated him because he could easily catch infections and the atmospheric temperature is too cold for him. He will be fine soon."

"Thank you, Doctor Foster."

"It is my job to suit your needs. Doctor Dawson wants to see you, he is outside." Helena nodded and followed Doctor Foster as he got out of Alfonso's room. She took a last glance at Alfonso before drying her cheeks hiding the evidence of her crying and slipping out the door with Doctor Foster.

"Hello...so, are you okay?" Dawson asked when Helena walked out of the door.

"Yes I am okay. You wanted to see me?"

"There is a place I know in St Peter's that sells good grilled steak... and I want to show you the place... so that you can try and relax and remove your mind from your... husband's illness. So would you mind if we go there...? Now?"