// work \\

"Dean. Dean!"

He could hear his name being called but his eyes would not open. It was the strangest feeling ever. But nothing seemed to work. So, slowly, he moved his hand. Cas was still there. Then who was-

"Dean! DEAN WAKE UP. PLEASE."

His eyes cracked a bit, but the light was too bright. His throat was scratchy and his hands shaky. He was utterly confused at everything going on, but he recognized the voice to be Sam's.

Dean sat up, rubbing his eyes a little. They weren't as sore as his throat, but they didn't feel good. His lungs felt like they were on fire. What the f-

"THERE IS A FIRE, WE NEED TO GET OUT. NOW."

After opening his eyes, he realized the room was filled with smoke. He gasped for air, blowing out and breathing in the hot air. That is why his lungs hurt so bad.

"No no. Wait. Where is Cas??"

He realized after sitting up that Castiel was not beside him. It was only his robe. His hands gripping it tightly.

"Cas was here? Dean I, I didn't know. Is he okay?"

"Well Sam, that is what I'm trying to figure out now."

Dean hopped out of bed and into the kitchen with some navy blue boxers on. He coughed, covering his mouth with Cas's robe. He grabbed the fire extinguisher and started blowing out the fire. But, immediately when he spotted the limp body sprawled out over the floor, he dove and carried him out. His body was numb by now, and he felt very weak. He wanted to scream but he couldn't because it would hurt too bad. So he just lay in the grass with Cas, staring up at Sam who was bent over, choking.

His eyes shut though before he could make sure his brother was okay.

________

"Hey. Hey Dean. You there?"

Dean could faintly make out Sam's voice and immediately opened his eyes. He gripped the hand that was intertwined with his own and noticed it was Sammy's. He was so relieved.

"Dean. Oh thank god. I was starting to get worried. How you feelin?"

Dean reached up and touched his neck, and squeezed his throat. It was hard to breath and it felt tight there.

"OH yeah. Here, use this."

Sam handed him a whiteboard. It had a blue dry erase marker attached and Sam nodded.

Dean wrote, "Horrible. My throat, hurts like a son of a bitch. How long was I out?"

Dean soon regretted asking the question. He was out for 2 straight days. His head fell back onto the pillow as all of it came back to him. And he frowned.

"H-how is C-CaSs?"

He clenched his jaw and watched Sam. Sam moved his hand to Dean's shoulder.

"Castiel is perfectly okay, he is still out though. He was making pancakes Dean. PANCAKES."

So he really was going to try and cook.

That made Dean laugh a little and cry a little.

"That dumbass." He said under his breath. Sam just nodded and sat back down in his chair. He shook his head.

"Dean, I want you to know, starting this thing with Castiel...it could be dangerous. Trust me, I know plenty about that." His voice was lower. He never liked the thought of Dean losing his lover. And now, Castiel being an angel, he was at risk. Dean just stared at Sam and ruffled his hair. Dean closed his eyes and let out a sigh. Then he furrowed his eyebrows again.

"The Bunker?"

Sam just smiled, "Things indestructible. The kitchen is a little burnt, but besides that, it's all good."

And in that moment, Dean only wanted to make sure Castiel was okay. Because he knew everything else, mostly, was okay. And he wanted to just hear from Cas that he was okay.

"Your friend, he is awake now if you'd like to go see him."

The doctor barged in and started checking Dean out. Dean had been in the hospital a few times, but for nothing like this. His lungs feeling like charcoal. It just...hurt.

"And you, if you want to go see him, you have 5 minutes, okay? Then get back down here so I can make sure you're okay."

The doctor had long brown hair that glimmered. Her eyes were a light brown and she smiled at both of them. Dean liked her already.

Sam helped his brother out of the bed and they slowly made their way to the room next to Dean's. After finally reaching it, they stepped in and realized that Castiel was in pain.

"Dean?"

It was the first word that came from his mouth. But it was barely audible. He gripped Dean's hand and looked around the room.

"I am very sorry. The pancakes.."

Dean waved him off, telling him not to talk. He smiled at him. Then he leaned in and gave Cas a quick kiss, reassuring him that he was not mad. Castiel was only trying to make breakfast, like humans do. But then his mind lost that thought and only thought about "that's what humans do, right?"

What if Castiel, the angel, was only dating Dean because "humans" date. It was something that had never crossed his mind till now. And it made his heart speed up. He wanted to ask his love, so many questions. But not now. When he is in pain. Sam just looked to the ground, but not for the same reason Dean did.

"You guys better be careful...I do NOT want to have to use a dad voice and you two."

Castiel chuckled lowly, holding the side of his face that was tender from the fire. It was very red, a little sore. But it was as painful as his lungs. Just like Dean.

Dean walked to a chair and sat down next to the bed. He pressed his lips to Cas's hand and held it. He never wanted to let go again, never wanting his angel to get hurt again. He felt he needed to stay with him so he didn't get hurt again.

But it was weird, before Castiel, he had no clue that he was gay. Or was into guys in general. And that is what made him very confused. Because it was only this man. Only him. This angel. This angel who was not human. This angel who was way more powerful than him.

And he just thought,

'Wow, that's pretty damn cool if you ask me.'

A typical response from Dean Winchester.

"Dean Winchester? Your time is up, we need you back in your room please!"

The girl with brown hair called for Dean. She stuck her head in and smiled. Dean looked at the frail angel laying in the bed. He gave his hand one last squeeze. Thoughts roaming his head. He wanted to know everything right then and there. He wanted to be sure everything was all okay. Or it would be okay.

But he knew that wouldn't happen.

"Good luck De."

And Dean left with a smile on his face. And for once in his life, everything was going just okay. Only okay. Not great, not amazing.

But okay.

__________________________________
did you guys like this? I needed something to happen before I continue everything else. Thanks for reading. I love yall. <3 AND SORRY FOR THE WAIT

heavenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें