Chapter 22

Chapter 22 ~Gorell’s POV~

“Father, I have a question...” I started, walking cautiously into the room, knowing how he felt about Reinya and the stunt she pulled last night.

“It better not be about your wife,” Thranduil spat, turning away from the window. “I told you she was not royalty material.”

“You told me nothing of that,” I spat back, stalking towards my father. “Only that you disliked her. I hate to remind you that Reinya is now permanently my wife, as well as your daughter-in-law, so I will ask you to show her a little more respect.”

“To someone who ran away on their wedding night? Just for a friend-”

“That friend was dying, and was Lady Galadriel’s daughter.” I cut him off, shaking my head.

Thranduil paused for a second, searching his mind for a good comeback. “That is still no reason for how a princess should act. Reinya left the reception, and many of your guest were confused at her sudden disappearance.”

“Would you rather have Lady Elinya fall to the ground in the middle of the reception, sick? Would that have been better than leaving the guests confused? Would you rather them to be disgusted and shocked by Elinya’s sudden illness, or confused by the bride’s disappearance?” I asked, enraged, clenching my fists tightly, shaking a little.

Thranduil turned on me, anger swirling in his eyes. “Why are you here son? To prove to me that Reinya’s choice was better than the other?” He asked, “If you haven’t noticed, you are already married. I have no reason to disapprove of Reinya anymore, as she is now your wife, but I will continue to dislike her as she comes from no social or noble standings. She’s still a nobody, even if she wears a crown on her head!”

“I have nothing more to say to you,” I told him, before exiting the room. I nearly bumped into Reinya, who had her ear pressed to the door for one second, before straightening up, and regaining her composure.

“He still hates me, huh?” She said, tilting her head to the side.

I let the door close silently, and I pulled her into my arms. “I guess so. I just hate that he said you’re a nobody. He doesn’t even recognize you were the best warrior-”

“He doesn’t care if I was an incredible warrior,” Reinya pointed out, “He wants to see a ‘proper’ princess as your wife, not some elf from a distant village who knows how to throw boomerangs well.”

“You’ll be a great queen when the times come, I know it,” I promised, kissing her forehead.

“I’m not so sure,” She said, pulling away from me, “Maybe we should give Legolas that role. He’ll be the next King, and we both know King Thranduil likes Lady Elemmire better than myself.”

“I’m not renouncing my title,” I said bluntly, “Legolas and Elem-Elinya can rule Lothlorien when the time comes.”

Reinya remained silent, and we walked down the hall. “We have to go to Mount Doom soon, to put the Fire Flower back,” Reinya said sadly, “Another reason for King Thranduil to hate me. He’ll see it as me run it away, and you following me. We can’t simply do anything anymore, without King Thranduil suspecting me of doing something like treason, or-”

“I wouldn’t go that far.” I intercepted, “I don’t think he would suspect you of treason.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t put it past him.” Reinya accused, and she started to lead us to the stables. “But we have to go to Mount Doom.”