Chapter 1

Reinya- and the lost princess.

Chapter 1 (3rd person)

"Good morning, Carac," Reinya said as she opened the stall door to her beautiful grey gelding's stall. "It is a beautiful morning and I thought you would enjoy some exercise," she continued.

Carac neighed in agreement, and then Reinya got right to work on brushing her horse. She took her time making sure that there was no dirt left on Carac that could cause irritation.

When Reinya was done she threw on the saddle and bridle. She was happy to get away from all the commotion of the barn and spend a quiet morning galloping like the wind.

"Ready to go?" Reinya asked Carac after mounting him. Then she gave him a small cluck and off Carac went galloping through the open fields.The wind rushed through Reinya’s hair, and she could hear the wind whistling in her ears.  

Reinya pulled Carac back to a frisky trot when she reached the creek. She was going to let Carac take a drink when she heard a distressed neighing coming from upstream.

"Oh no," She said, "I hope not another one of my horses have been hurt. The darn wolves around here always find a way to terrorize them!"

Quickly Reinya cantered her horse up stream to where she heard the neighing.

As Reinya got closer she realized that the distressed mare was not hers and there looked to be a human figure laying face down in the creek. Her vibrant red hair was splayed around her head like a halo, the red mixed with the dirt of the mud.

"My dear," She exclaimed as she dismounted Carac and rushed over to the girl. "Are you alright ma'am?" There was no answer.

Reinya studied the girl. She had long rich red hair which must have meant that she was human,  but she was clothed in elvish breeches and long coat. Maybe she worked for an elven community nearby.

Reinya rolled the girl over onto her back, but she did not wake. As Reinya brushed a strand of hair of on the girl's face she noticed that the girl was no human, but was an elf.

"I have seen no elf before with long red hair," She commented out loud, but still the girl, well actually the elf did not awake.

Reinya knew that she had to get the girl back to her cottage. Quickly, Reinya threw the elf over her shoulder and walked over to her horse.

"Hello, beautiful," Reinya said as she walked over to the girl's mare. The mare was a large chestnut, who nickered softly in concern for her rider, thrown over Reinya’s. "If you don't girl mind, I would like to help your friend here."

The mare let me put the girl on her back. As She strapped the elf to the saddle, she noticed on her hand the name 'Elinya' was written in black ink.

Reinya repeated the name "Elinya," out loud a couple of times. "What a pretty name," She commented.

As fast a Reinya could, she walked Carac and the girl on top of her horse back. Reinya also noticed that on the horse's saddle pad the name 'Roshroch' was embroidered into the fabric.

Soon Reinya was back at her cottage. She laid the elf who she thought to be named Elinya in a guest room and started to attend to her wounds.

Which she happened to have a lot of.

~~~

Reinya walked back into the guest room where the red haired elf lay after she had gone to fix up some dinner.

Slowly the elf stirred and open her eyes slowly, but there was a confused look in her eyes.

"Where am I?" She stammered.

"Elinya, your awake," Reinya exclaimed. "I found you unconscious by the river with your horse, Roshroch."

"I have a horse named Roshroch?" The elf questioned.

"My mistake then, I saw the name on her saddle pad." She paused for a second, "Elinya what were you doing by the river?"

"I do not remember," The elf stated, "and who is this Elinya girl you keep speaking of?"

"I am sorry, I thought wrong," Reinya apologized. "Then what is your real name?"

"My, my real name," The girl thought about it for a couple seconds before speaking again. "I don't remember, I don't remember anything."

"You must have fallen on your head hard," Reinya held a damp cloth to my forehead, "how about until you get  your memory back your name will be Elinya."

"I can concur with that," Elinya agreed. "I will forever be in your debt because you saved my life."

"No, no that is not necessary," Reinya refused.

"At least let me be in your debt until my memory returns," Elinya protested.

"Okay, you can stay with me until your memory returns," Reinya smiled and then asked, "you wouldn't happen to know why your hair is red?"

Elinya shook her head, she could remember nothing of her past. All she knew at the moment was that Reinya seemed trustworthy, and would soon be a great friend.

"You wear a ring on your left hand," Reinya stated, "do you remember who gave it to you?”

"No, I am afraid don't remember," Elinya replied.

Hey guys! The first chapter is up, hope you like it. Next one will be posted in two weeks, or so. Comment your thoughts! :D

Kt_love & YouCantHandle