18

-day 14-

The day after Peter and I had that unforgettable conversation, something must've came over me because I had asked him if he could help me. Honestly, I didn't know what was going on through my head at the time. I seriously never thought there would be a day where I would ask for Peter's help--for anything.

You're probably wondering what I asked him to help me with. Well, I asked him to help me prepare for the attack; to train me so I can become stronger and be able to defend myself.

I would normally train with James, but like I've mentioned before, he hasn't been talking to me lately.  Ever since our almost-kiss, it's like we're strangers now.  At times I would catch him glancing at me, but then he would look away instantly.  But it's just not that, whenever I attempted to make conversation with him when I had the chance, he would respond with those stupid, one-word lazy answers like "Mhm".

Yeah, it kinda drove me insane.

"Jae!" Peter snapped his fingers right in front of my face, and I blinked a few times to bring back my focus.  "You need to stop daydreaming unless you want to get killed."

"Oh shut up.  I wouldn't have been daydreaming if you weren't boring me to death." I argued.

"Let's just get back to the lesson.  The attack is coming in two days and we need all the time we can get." He reminded, while I let out a tiresome groan.

I know I shouldn't complain too much since I was the one who came to Peter asking for his help, but to be fair, he hasn't taught me anything useful yet.

"Fine, fine.  So what do you want me to do?" I asked, my hand over my forehead.

That's when he replied with, "Hit me."

Did I hear that correctly?

"Huh?"

"You heard me right, hit me." He demanded, but I was still skeptical. When he noticed my dubious look, he sighed, "Just do it. Hit me as hard as you can."

I scoffed, "If you say so."

Without trouble, I swung my arm back and whipped my hand straight across Peter's face as I hard as I could imagine, creating a loud slapping sound that definitely caught some attention from the lost boys training around us.

When Peter turned his head, the side of his face was tinted red where I had smacked him. A slight chuckle escaped his lips as he readjusted his jaw. At the same time, I was shaking my hand in the air to get rid of the tingling sensation.

"How did that feel?" Peter smirked.

I shrugged, "Well, my palm feels a little numb but--"

"No, you idiot." He quipped. "How did it feel hitting me?"

"It felt pretty damn good." I admitted with no shame nor guilt. Slapping him was a great way of releasing all the past anger pinned inside my body. I need to let the hate go if Peter and I are ever going to become...friends. Because right now, I remain stuck whether he is considered the enemy or not.

"Then that means you'll feel great after this next task." He grinned innocently.

"Ooooh, do I get to beat you up now?" I joked, a tiny part of me not minding the idea.