"Mycah," Isaac asked, getting his attention, "Why doesn't your brother sit with us anymore?"

Sure enough, I noticed myself that little kid, Myles hadn't sat with us since the first day. He seemed to be interested in knowing his brother's friends, yet it also looked like making an effort was a struggle for him. I concluded, that he was most likely shy but friendly. His entire demeanor was captivating and he had me curious.

"Eh, well he's sixteen, he made friends his own age. Besides, he's shy and quiet. You guys are too loud and rowdy." Mycah answered.

"Hmm, true. He'd be welcome to still sit with us, though." Isaac muttered. Why was he so nice all the damn time? It had to fake.

I tried searching for the small boy with the big blue eyes but I couldn't find him. I had been keeping my eye out for Myles a lot recently, but I didn't why. I took notice on Monday afternoon, he sat on the grandstand near the field waiting for Mycah to finish practice. He had a distinctive ambience that made it hard for me to concentrate knowing he was there. He didn't even watching us train, in fact, he hardly looked up from his phone, yet it caused me to fumble and make mistakes the whole time. Even the guys had noticed that I was completely out of it. Mycah seemed slightly concerned, being the captain.

My thoughts were interrupted when Violet rushed over to our table, followed by her two minions. The girls that stood on either side of Violet, met her every demand, as they were so desperate for attention. Sometimes I wondered if they had their own personalities; I had yet to remember their names. I probably should know, since I've had sex with both of them.

"So, just to let you all know there's a going to be a party at my place soon." She announced, while sitting down in my lap, which I hated. She turned to me, her lips forming a smirk. "And you better be there, Cole."

"Oh, I wouldn't miss it."

Truth is, I know the reason she said that was because she expected me to get with her, but I haven't been feeling it these last few days. I'm not interested in her right now. Before I made the decision to have sex with anyone, I made sure that they were aware that it would be a simple no-strings-attached thing. It felt like Violet had forgotten that, or maybe she never got it in the first place, because she's getting too clingy for my liking, and the idea that she wanted more from me was starting to freak me out somewhat. I should probably find a way to cut things off.

"I'll text you guys some of the details too. The party won't be happening until next week because I need a bit of time to plan it. This party isn't going to be like the others, it's gonna be big,"  Violet enthusiastically said to the table, smiling from ear-to-ear.

"Cole, aren't you excited?" She asked me.

I wasn't necessarily excited. Parties were something I mildly enjoyed and it didn't matter too much who was hosting, because I usually only go to parties to get drunk and hookup with someone for a distraction.  Way too often, I woke up not even remembering the event.

"Mhmm, yep," I hummed, with as much eagerness that I could muster up.

Wait, did I leave my phone in my locker? Shit.

I realized that my phone wasn't currently with me, which I can't possible go without it for too long. It's my life support device. I must have left it in my locker when I put my books away before lunch break.

"I'll be back," I said to Violet, lifting her off me and plonking her in the space beside me.

"Oh, I'll come too," she offered.

"Yeah, no thanks."

Violet pouted.

This was the perfect excuse to get away from her. She wouldn't be coming with me, no way. If there was a possibility that she was, it wouldn't be for what she thought might happen while we were gone.

Once I arrived at my locker, I was startled by a booming voice that travelled through the hallway. I recognized who the voice belonged to instantly.

"Hey, you! I said for you to watch it!"

There was a response from another person but it was too quiet for me to make out what they were saying. However, I could still tell that they were frightened. Then I heard a loud bang. Inquisitively, I followed the noises around a corner, mainly because I was nosy and just had to know what was happening.

As I made my way over to source of the commotion, that was when I spotted him.

Myles.

He looked so scared.

———————————————

This chapter is a bit shorter that the rest, oops.

I was kinda stuck on what to add into the story for this chapter. I suppose that just what writer's block does!

Vote, comment, share if you liked it, it's greatly appreciated.