CHAPTER IV: MY ANGEL (Chanyeol)

Start from the beginning

"Baekhyun?" I called out as I passed the foyer, my breathing uneven.

I turned the corner to our kitchen. There was a bit of mess on the kitchen counter and –

"Baekhyun!"

He was slumped on the floor, unconscious. I ran towards him.

"Baek! Baek!" I shook him awake. "Wake up, please."

His face was so pale and his body was so hot. No. I hefted him off the floor and carried him to the car. I fastened him on the passenger seat and rushed to the driver's side. I pulled out of the driveway and pressed on the accelerator, all the while trying to calm myself. 

****

"He's fine. He just needs more rest for now. He shouldn't be working under stress," Suho told me as he checked Baekhyun's forehead again.

We were in the same hospital room Baekhyun had been confined in. Baekhyun was lying peacefully on the bed.

"Is he still having concussions? Blackouts?"

"Yes," I answered.

"You should've taken him here then. I've told you to, haven't I?" Suho sighed.

"I've told him that, but he was so stubborn," I muttered.

He sighed again.

"He has a head injury. There wasn't any problem when we did a CT scan last two months, but that didn't mean there would be no complications later on."

"What do you mean?" I frowned at him.

 "The brain has a very complicated system," he continued. "We need him to undergo another CT scan to make sure his brain isn't suffering any abnormalities."

"And about his amnesia?" I asked, taking hold of Baekhyun's hand.

"We don't need to worry about that. Like I said, he'll get back his memories soon," Suho reminded me. "Call me immediately when he wakes up."

I nodded. Suho patted my arm and left the room.

****

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

I was jolted awake by my phone vibrating in my pocket. I realized I had fallen asleep. I looked at Baekhyun. He's still unconscious. 

"Hello?"

"Bro. I dialed your work hotline, but it was directed to your secretary and she said you have an emergency." Kris voice was taut.

"Where are you?"

"Baekhyun collapsed and I rushed him to the hospital," I said.

"Is he all right?" he asked.

"Yeah. Suho said he needs to undergo another CT scan," I mumbled.

"Be there in 10 minutes, ciao." Kris hung up.

I put down my phone and stared at Baekhyun. I reached out and stroked his hair gently. He looked so calm. Lights from the room reflected on his pale skin. He's glowing, like an angel. My angel.

"Baekhyunnie, be strong." I whispered as tears escaped my eyes.

I decided to sing him a song. It was the first piece I'd composed for him.

I never knew what I was looking for

I didn't know what my heart's longing for

Until one day you knocked on my door

I knew you're the one I was waiting for

I never knew someone like you exist

An angel that my heart could not resist