Entry: 01

"Oh come on.." the pilot muttered as her shuttle loopity looped through a wave of shattered moonstone.

The Galra fleet was gaining on her faster than she could manoeuvre through the oncoming debris. Some chunks were impossible to avoid and one of them collided, causing a sudden tremor accompanied by a loud bang to set off the warning siren. It wailed like a banshee with its red light casting flickering patterns and shadows across the controls.

"Damn it," she hissed under her breath, "there goes the turbo booster."

Sure enough, a significant piece of her little spacecraft found itself floating away from its body. Luckily, it crashed into one of the smaller enemy ships that had come dangerously close to its tail. Amidst the chaos, the pilot found herself smirking ever so slightly.

"Yeah! Take that ya big- AAAAAH!"

How hadn't she seen it coming? Well, the 22 Galra ships were an understandable distraction but she found herself racing head on towards a giant moonstone structure. Without the turbo booster to speed up, it would be impossible to pull off a sharp enough turn and avoid all the other hazards regardless of her awesome flying skills. The siren had pretty much lost its crap at this point, seeming to suddenly have become sentient and screaming for dear life.

"This is it. This is how I go." she cried to no one in particular.

She was, after all, alone in the vastness of space, surrounded by nothing but rocks and scary purple aliens who wanted to kill her.

"I didn't even get to have a first kiss. I miss my unborn children. I miss the dog I'd buy with my husband." she rambled on, her hands covering her face.

'Impact in T - 5 seconds' the robotic voice stated over the intercom.

The pilot suddenly snapped out of her self pity, her brain switching into autopilot. Her wide eyes scanned the controls for anything that might be of help. It was like she'd taken a dozen Quicksilver shots (the galactic equivalent of redbull) and she was buzzing with hyper energy. She skimmed over the controls and beeping and glowing buttons. There was SHIELDS but she'd used those up, TURBO BOOSTER had broken of course, EXIT and EJECT seemed suicidal considering she was in the cruel void of space but then her eyes landed on a curious panel exuding an almost menacing gleam. Surely, it hadn't been there the whole time? It certainly couldn't have been glowing.

She didn't know how it functioned. It's not like she'd gotten a briefing on how to fly the shuttle she stole but she was out of options and she was out of time. It felt like her vessel was trying to tell her something. It had started to glow when she needed it. Well, she needed something and there were no other magical glowing signs. She didn't know what it would do, where she'd end up, how she'd survive but staying in here meant certain death in T minus 1 second.

"WELL HERE GOES NOTHING!" she yelled as she slammed her hand on the suspicious panel just as a storm of rocks collided against her shuttle. She was screaming at the top of her lungs but the sound didn't carry in.. well, the literal vacuum of space.

'What kind of an idiot puts a random glowing magic button in a spacecraft? A HIGH RISK SPACECRAFT?

...OKAY, BUT WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT PRESSES IT?!" she thought to herself, flailing her arms wildly.

Her distress wasn't misplaced. What was she going to do floating in the dead of an unknown solar system after being launched out of her own broken ship? She didn't have to worry about running out of oxygen from her spacesuit because the enemy was about to blast her into itty bitty molecules now that she was just a little unarmed human speck plummeting through darkness.