Chapter 9- The Mark

Hermione's POV

Draco walked in, looking rather guilt ridden. "Whats wrong Draco?"

"I haven't been entirely honest with you."

My mouth drops. He's probably seeing another woman! Oh my gosh!!! He probably is with Pansy.

"No I'm not with Pansy."

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong. I think I started wrong."

He comes over to me and ensnares me hand in his. He leads me to the couch and sits me down. He brings his sleeve up to show his...Mark?"

"Remember when we were on the train and you were so interested in my Mark."

"Yes of course."

"Well ever since I started hanging out with you, it's gotten lighter and lighter and lighter. Well right now it's the lightest it's ever been."

I take his arm gently and touch the Mark. He pulls his arm back quickly.

"Why'd you do that?"

He grimaces in pain. "It didn't exactly sting but it's like electricity shot up my arm. It wasn't exactly a bad feeling."

"Let me see your arm again."

He stares at it in awe. Where I touched it, the Mark is white, instead of black. "Draco may I?"

"Yes I wish to see what happens."

I'm not sure what to do because I can't place my whole hand against it. His Mark is so big.

"Try placing your arm against mine."

I take my arm and press it against his arm. There's almost a blinding light. I see what he means by electricity.

A shock goes up my arm and continues through my body yet I keep my arm against his.

His face contorts and I feel nothing. The light surrounds us and encases us.

"Where are we?"

"Hermione. Draco. How lovely."

I'd know that voice anywhere. In front of me stands Voldemort except it's like a weaker crippled version.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY HERMIONE VOLDEMORT!"

"Shut up boy. I can't hurt you where I am. Although I'd have thought you'd have better taste."

He licks his lips and looks to me. "You broke my hold over him. I didn't even know that was possible. But now apparently, you must place a Mark on him."

"A Mark?"

Voldemort sighs and holds out something. "Here this is what you use."

Draco stiffens. It's a black quill. "Hermione don't touch that quill."

I reach out and grab it anyways. The black quill turns into a white quill before my eyes. Voldemort growls and disappears. Draco stares at me in wonder.