Chapter 2: The Note

Chapter 2

I opened my eyes rolling onto my side and sighed remembering that moment clearly in my mind, over the years I had constantly relived that dream.

Though I never dreamt of what happened after. I was only 10 when I met the doctor my first day of middle school, I can’t remember what happened that day only the parts where the doctor came in. He took me home; the only problem was it was my home 10 years in the future. He left a note and a necklace promising to return but still hasn’t 7 years on.

He left me with a guy called Mitchell who’s now my best friend; he’s 4 years older than me and was 14 when we first met.

I don’t know what happened to my parents but they left our house deserted, things just lying around. Or that’s what Mitchell tells me.

After I was taken here Mitchell had tried his very best to take care of me at the doctors instructions. Getting me into good schools buying me a car...stuff like that, he lived alone and had for a long time before I came along. He never told me about his family.

I looked at my clock next to my bed 10:53 shone back at me I sighed, late for school again. I jumped up getting dressed and running downstairs, “You took your time” Mitchell said as I sat down grabbing an apple “You could’ve woken me up” I mumbled trying to swallow.

He smirked and turned away humming while he dried some dishes, “Hey don’t you turn 17 tomorrow? 7 years since we first met?” he turned to face me leaning on the counter “Well yes” i turned away and grimaced grabbing my shoes quickly in the process putting them on, every year Mitchell tried to make my birthday the best one ever.

 I hated my birthday because it was the day I forgot my parents the only thing I desperately want to know about that day. Who they were and if they loved me.

“I, Uh better go” I ran to the door shouting goodbye and jumped in my car driving to the highschool, as I parked the car outside the school I grabbed the note from my pocket the one the doctor left me.

It read:

6 January 2012

Dear Rosie

I know none of this makes sense and it will just get wierder.

Don’t worry we will meet again very soon. Just to convince you

I gave you a locket that a friend gave to me.

Its very old take care of it.

See you soon.

Doctor

That locket had had a permanent place in my room that was until me and Mitchell had a fight I had thrown it at him and haven’t seen it since.

I frowned tomorrows date was on the note, but what does that mean does that mean he comes back tomorrow or was it just a coincidence, I sighed folding it in half, secretly hoping that he did come.

Sorry its so short i'm working on a longer chapter... Plus no doctor :( anyways hope you like please vote because it means alot.