I thought of the west part of the campus where few people go. I made my way there, not seeing many people. No one, to be specific. I came across the girl’s bathroom and decided to check there first. When I opened the door I had begun to ask, “Jade, are you in here?” But I didn’t finish that sound because she was in there.

And she had a close friend with her; as in he was literally close to her. My lips parted in shock with my eyes widening in the slightest at the sight of her pressed against the mirror with some . . . some nerd trapping her.

With a begrudging look, he moved away from her and Jade was flushed as she got off the sink, almost falling. I of course stepped forward to assist, but I was beat by the boy.

What is he, her boyfriend? 

I firmly glared at the guy who reciprocated the dirty look. I scowled and Jade cleared her throat. ““Umm- uh- Harry, this is Marcel, Marcel this is- er- Harry,” she said in a lame voice. “Um- Harry you were saying . . .?” she prompted.

I looked over at her as her eyes tried to encourage me. She flinched and I began, “I was looking for you because I wanted to know if you were okay.” In all honesty I had said it in such a blank tone as a way of masking the humiliation I felt. I spitefully looked back at Marcel. “Looks like you found your perfect match; nerd for nerd.”

“That’s enough, Harry,” she reprimanded.

 She had nerve to talk to me like that. I couldn’t help but feel led on, but then I remembered how from the very beginning she’d wanted nothing to do with me. “Sorry? Did I offend you? In fact, did I interrupt your little make out session? I was starting to wonder if you were as innocent as everyone believes.”

“That’s enough, Harry,” Marcel said; as if he knew me even though I’d met him about two minutes ago.

I ignored him. This was between me and Jade. “Nice to know you’ve got a boyfriend to protect you. I wonder how Gavin is going to take the news. Poor lad never had a chance did he?” my voice lowered mockingly at the end of the sentence, tilting my head to the side.

“Who are we talking about now, huh? You or him?”

I huffed. Marcel once again was jumping into this conversation which didn’t involve him at all, so I told him straight off what I wanted him to do. “Fuck off,” I growled in anger.

Jade shook her head in what I imagine was annoyance. “Harry, stop being so-”

“So what, Sweetheart?” I demanded. In heat of my own irritation I sneered, “I bet you’re not even a virgin.”

Her face immediately went to shock and then from there went cold. “Here’s an idea: how about you fuck off?” she snarled, giving me an efficient push that had more effect on me because of shock. The message was clear: she wanted me gone and that gave it proper support.

 “Fine!” I exclaimed childishly. “Fuck both of you then!” I then angrily turned away from the two people. They could be together. Who needs them? I don’t. I bet Jade wasn’t even to call me. She doesn’t need me; she doesn’t want me and with each day I try harder and harder to pursue her it became clear to me.

It’s like chasing a cloud with her. Ugh. Now she’s got me learning to understand English in the most emotional way possible.

“You know you can’t do this!”

At her voice I whirled around to see Jade not that far from me. Her expression was upset, clearly, mixed with sadness and anger. I scoffed. “Do what?”

“Act like you care!” she elaborated.

“Who said I was acting?” I asked, my eyes narrowing. It honestly stung slightly that she thought that this was all just a game to me, though I admit my reputation I knowingly made for myself was a big part.