"Argent's plan was to use him to get to the Alpha," Scott began. "They're not gonna kill him."

"You better be right," Blake muttered.
"All right, so, just let them do what they're planning, you know? They use Derek to get Peter. Problem solved."

Scott shook his head. "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own. Which means we either find Derek first."
Scott yelled in frustration after searching his desk for his phone. "Just - just help me!"

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson?" Stiles offered. "Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?"

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."
"Could you at least think about letting him die? For me?" Scott frowned when he heard his mom close the front door.

"What?" Stiles and Blake questioned.
"My mom just got home from work."
"Is she okay? What's she doing?"

"Crying." Blake's face dropped. "What? Why?"

"Probably from what happened earlier," Scott explained, reminding them of how they ruined their mom's date with Peter.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone," Stiles announced.
"I have to."

"Scott, no, you don't. Tonight could've turned out a lot worse," Blake argued. "Jackson's still alive. Mom's still alive. You're alive. That's three people that you saved in one night."

Scott sighed before he turned his back and continued to search for his phone. Blake remained silent, knowing that there was no point in continuing. Her brother didn't deserve to go through all of this. He feels the need to keep everyone happy and alive. But it's impossible to do both.

Blake pulled out her laptop as she sat on her bed. Stiles had told her that she could track Scott's phone via GPS so that was what she was going to do. Stiles had also come to the conclusion that Derek had Scott's phone so they could find Derek too and kill two birds using one stone.

A knock on her bedroom door revealed her mom's presence.
"Blake! Let me see how you look," she called.

Blake's eyes widened. She forgot to tell her mom that she wasn't going to the dance.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh," Blake mumbled. "Yeah, sure."

Blake held her breath as she waited for her mom to enter her room.
"Blake?" Melissa questioned once she looked at her daughter.

"Yeah?" Blake winced.

"Where's your dress?"

Blake pursed her lips and grinned at her mom. "I don't have a dress."

"What do you mean you don't have a dress?"

"I mean, I don't have a dress," Blake shrugged.

"But, I thought you went shopping the other day to get a dress?"

"Yeah, uh, about that." Blake scratched the side of her head, trying to avoid eye contact with her mom. "I just went to get ice-cream."

"What are you going to wear then?" Melissa exclaimed.

"I guess that means that I have to stay home then," Blake answered innocently.

Melissa laughed. "You're going to that dance."

Blake groaned. "Why?"

"Because it's important!"

"No, it's not," Blake argued.

"You're brother's going," Melissa declared.

"Your point?"

"My point is that you don't need a date to go to the dance. Who's Stiles or Alec taking?"

"Stiles is taking Lydia and I don't know who Alec is taking," Blake replied. "But it's not because I don't have a date."

"Your brother can take you."

"No! I'm good!"

"Then you're going by yourself," Melissa stated. She walked over to Blake's closet and looked through her clothing.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not going."

"Yes, you are, and I will drive you there."

"If I go to the dance, will you leave me alone?" Blake asked. Melissa turned to face her daughter before nodding her head.

"I will leave you alone."

Blake grinned at her mom who smiled back at her. Blake sighed before lying back on her bed. "Fine! I'll go!"

Melissa beamed. "Okay, good! Now, hurry up and get ready so you don't miss anything!"

Blake nodded as she watched her mom leave the room. Once she was out of view, Blake stared down at her laptop again. She shook her head when she typed in Scott's username and password. She couldn't get over how they were both 'Allison'. Scott was truly obsessed with the girl.

Blake was not going to the dance. She was going to find out where Derek was.

Blake didn't go to the dance. Do you think she should've?