Cassidy

There are 45 seconds left on the clock. Team Canada and Team USA are tied for the final, and Canada has a penalty shot on the US goal. As the team scrambles to guard their player, Canada #85 - their best player - is taking the shot. Out goalie is pretty good, but with this much pressure on her and this much in the line....
I expect disaster. I get a freaking miracle.
     Number 85 shoots it hard. But, our goalie hits it, sending it flying across the rink..... And towards me.
    I take the puck and fly down the rink at the speed of light. I'm in the zone as the world fades away, and I become with the stick. The clock was ticking down. I skate faster.
    The Canada Goal is just yards away. The goal scrambles into position, but it's too late. I take the shot.
My heart soars.
    The crowd's roar is white noise as I take the moment win. This has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I raise my stick in the air as my team lifts me onto their shoulder. Mom and Tristan and the rest of the book club are cheering. I grin as the team puts me down. I skate over to my mother who envelopes me in a hug
   "I'm so, so proud of you Cassidy." She tells me. I smile p, burying my head into her shoulder.
  "I love you too, mom."

>...~~~*+*~~~...<

    After dinner with the moms and book club, Tristan asks me to take a walk.
     "What's this about?" I ask. He takes a deep breath.
     "I just wanna say, Cassidy, I'm really, really, proud of you. First you win us a gold in ice dancing, and now you have one for hockey. I couldn't be more proud, and um.... Well, I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I love you,Cassidy Ann Sloane."
     I feel myself blush. "And I love you, Tristan Edgar Berkley." Tristan frowns. "Cassidy, that's not even my middle name." I roll my eyes "Whatever, Mr. Fancy Pants." He sighs.
   "Your never gonna let that go, are you?" I grin. "Never." Tristan kisses me softly.
"Shall we head back, darling?" He asks, offering me his arm. I laugh at his cheesiness. "We shall, Duke of Puke." He groans.
And everything is okay.

>...~~~*+*~~~...<

    As we get on the plane back home, I think about these past years. My father died, I moved to concord,  I joined a book club, I made new friends, I was in a fashion show, I got a Stepfather, a little sister, a pen pal, I watched my sister move away, I started my own business, got a boyfriend, made the Olympic Team......
     Yes, my life has had its up's and downs. But all in all, I couldn't be happier as I moved onto the next chapter of my life.
    And frankly, I couldn't wait to see what's instore!

   A/N: Yes, this chapter is a horrible last chapter. But Wattpad deleted it THREE DIFFERENT TIMES so excuse me if it isn't up to my usual standards. Next chapter is Epilogue part one, and then Epilogue part two, and then..... The end, I suppose.
   Guys, this has been such a journey for me. I have NEVER posted ANY of my work online before, and all the positive feedback I get makes the stress and anxiety completely worth it. And while I'm sad to see my first ever Wattpad story and my most successful one come to an end, I can't wait to show you guys what else I have planned. And if you guys liked this one, check out The Mother Daughter Book Club - Club 2, Year One.
In a Very Bittersweet Matter,

- Trinity Rebel 🤗