Cassidy

I tap my fingers against my thighs nervously. I took the test last week, and now I find out if I can play for the Olympic team.
.....Which practice starts for in an hour.
The plan is for Miss Bailee to run on and grab my results, and then drop me off at home. I'll get ready, tell everyone the good (or bad) news, and then I'm off to the airport (or bed) to fly to South Korea, where the 2018 Winter Olympics are to be held. While I will miss the first two practices, at least I'll be there.
Yet after 30 minutes, Miss Bailee isn't out. Cautiously, I peek my head in, to find she isn't there.
"Miss Bailee?" I call out softly. "Annalise?"
"She's gone." An old, masculine voice says, and I panic.
"Wh-Whattya mean, gone?" I ask nonchalantly, though I'm secretly freaking out inside.
"She tripped over that chair when she came in and broke her ankle. I just dropped her off at the hospital, then home.
"Oh, that's a relief! Um, well, it's bad she broke her ankle and all but..... Can I just have my test score?" I begin rambling. The man hands them to me.
"Congratulations! You passed!" He says with a smile that I return. It instantly fades, though, as I realize;
"I don't have a ride!" I groan. I was so close!
"I can drive you home!" The man offers, and I grin.
"Thanks, Mr!" I say happily, and begin walking towards the door.
"The exit is this way." The man says, walking towards the opposite door. I blush.
"Whoops!" I say before spinning on my heel and walking out the door he did.
The man gets me home in 5 minutes - it was a 10 minute drive to get to the testing site.
I don't even thank the man, I just jump out and give him a thumbs up before bolting inside.
"Good news, everyone!" I say, scrambling to get my helmet into my skates. "I made the team! Bad news: MY FLIGHT LEAVES IN AN HOUR AND 30 MINUTES!" I practically scream that last part as I throw on my sneakers and slam my suitcase shut. Everyone cheers.
"Okay. Everyone get into a car, and GO!" My mother yells, ushering book club, parents and everyone else in the house out.
Simon, Megan, and I all jump into Megan's car. Since I'm to nervous to drive, and Simon and Tristan are British, (They're used to driving on the other side,) Megan drives us there.
I'm in the back, my hands shaking as I look out the windows, only one thought going through my head, over and over again.
I'm going to the Olympics.
I can't help but tap my feet and bounce up and down in my seat. Tristan gives me an amused look.
"Is six year old Cassidy going the Olympics, or eighteen year old Cassidy?" He asks me with a smirk. I should bump him.
    "Oh, shove off!" I say, laughing quietly

>...~~~*+*~~~...<

    Finally, we arrive at the airport. I've said goodbye to everyone, but Tristan is still here.
    "How come you didn't leave?!" I ask him, worried about how on earth he'll get home. But he just grins at me and asks,
   "Why would I be going home when I'm coming with you?"

A/N: I know it's short, but it seemed like a good place to leave off.
   Unfortunately, it's possible that the next Cassidy chapter..... Will be the last.

*Sobs in corner uncontrollably*

   While this story isn't doing as well as it once did, (totally my fault,) I'm really proud of it. And yeah, I'm sad to see the finish line so close, but this isn't the last of the MDBC girls we'll see!
    Ugh. We are in the middle of some awful weather here - thunderstorms every night, and extreme temperatures. It reached 105 Fahrenheit where I live yesterday! 105! And considering the fact that last winter the temperatures reached -20 Fahrenheit at night, that's siriusly  saying something!

SIONARA! (Is that the right spelling?)

- Trinity Rebel 🦄