2 - He's back

"Oh my god LUKE! You're back!" Leia shouted and ran to Luke who was climbing down the ladder to his X-wing. She threw her arms around him, he picked her up and spun her around in the air.
"I knew you'd make it, kid!" Han said with a wide grin on his face and Chewie hugged him so tightly he could barely breathe.

The other people around them began to applaude. Luke gazed over the cheering crowd, seeming to be searching for someone special.
"Where's (Y/N)?", he asked excitedly.
"In her room, I guess. At least that's where she spent most of the time since you were gone", Leia explained.
"Oh..." His smile faded.
"Go see her. She'll be the happiest person in the entire galaxy when she finds out you're back!" She said smiling. Luke immediately made his way to your room.

He knocked on your door twice. Not getting an answer, he opened and found you sleeping on the sofa. He silently walked over to you and sat down beside you. He carefully stroke a hair strand out of your face and gave you a gentle kiss on your forehead.

You slowly opened your eyes, just to find a pair of well-known, bright blue ones staring into yours.

"Luke?" you asked.
"Yes, (Y/N). It's me", he answered in a low voice.
"Am I still dreaming?"
He smiled. "No, you're not. I'm back, it's done. The Death Star is destroyed!"
You began to breathe heavily and your heart skipped a beat when you realized this was real. The man you loved, who you thought you'd never see again, was sitting right beside you. You sat up and threw your arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug. Tears were running down your face wettening Luke's suit, but you didn't care.

"I thought you're dead!" you said with a broken voice.
"Well, looks like I'm not" he giggled and pulled away.
"Please stop crying, I can't stand to see you like this!" He said, wiping a tear off your cheek.
"I was so worried about you, I thought I'd lost you!"
"I'll always come back to you, (Y/N). I promise." His gaze drifted to your lips and back to your eyes.

Your heart was racing, but you knew THIS was the right moment to tell him your true feelings. It was now or never.
"Luke, I..."you began, but the words stuck in your throat.

He came closer, looking you deep in the eyes and making your heart beat even faster. Before you could say something, he put his hand on your cheek and pressed his lips onto yours. You needed a second to realize what was going on, but then your feelings overwhelmed you.

Waves of shivers were flowing through your body. Your lips molded perfectly against his, just like they were made for each other. It was a soft and sweet kiss, kinda shy, not forcing, just gentle and loving. Exactly as you've always imagined Luke's kisses. You closed your eyes, shutting the world out and just living for that moment.

He slowly pulled away. The tip of his nose brushed against yours and you could feel his warm breath on your face.
"You don't know how long I've wanted to do this", he whispered. "I love you, (Y/N). Always have, since the day I met you."
"I love you too, Luke."
"I know."
You could see a little smile on his lips before he leaned in for another, yet more passionate and desiring kiss.

You were the happiest person in the entire galaxy.