Chapter 24

A/N: I was thinking about stopping the story in the previous chapter, but…

Then I remembered how much I hate it when I’m reading a story and then I have to look up the sequel so I’m just going to finish it here.

Finally I present to you chapter 24 aka. the final chapter.

If you want an epilogue and a new story please comment bellow :) and sorry for taking so long!!!

(Logan’s POV)

With shaky hands and a heavy sigh, I gave the wooden surface a couple knocks and a push.

“Sammy?” I said as I walked inside.

“Sir… Sir you can’t go in there! The patient wants no visitors.” A nurse said as she walked by.

“Please just… just let me see her for 5 minutes” I pleaded to the nurse.

She thought about it for a minute and then turned to me with a look of sympathy on her face and spoke. “You’re Logan right?” I just gave her a simple nod with my head “Go ahead, but…” I didn’t let her finish and made my way through the door.

I saw her sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed. She looked so fragile. Sadness washed over her beautiful features and all because of me.

I did this to her.

I let her go.

I killed our baby.

It’s all my fault…

Stepping closer to her I found the courage to caress the side of her face. “oh Sammy… I-I’m so sorry…”

The tears that have been waiting to be set free fell down my face.

(Samantha’s POV)

I woke up to the sunlight beaming at my face; the hospital room’s shades were open.

Taking in the surroundings I have been accustomed to in the past week, I found myself surprised at the scene before me.

On the recliner was the dimpled man that’s been in my dreams all this time.

In my dreams we were a happy family having a picnic at the park. He would take our little boy in his arms and they would laugh out of pure joy. Sadly… Logan will never respond to my feelings. Our baby didn’t get the chance to live.

“My little jellybean” I whispered as I clutched my stomach.

Such sadness and I can’t seem to shed a single tear.

“Sammy…” I heard Logan mumble as he stirred in his sleep.

“Huh…” Why is he here? I stood up and took a few steps so I can be closer to him. I courageously extended my right hand and combed his hair with my fingers; a little smile played on his sleeping face exposing the dimples I loved so much. When my hand had made its way to his cheek he leaned into my touch and his hand landed above mine.  I gasped and spoke “Y-You’re awake!”

“Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you.” He said as I yanked my hand out of his. He looked hurt. He looked like he has been crying. But why? He doesn’t care about me. “Please don’t kick me out of the room! Sammy I…” When I heard him say my name with such pain it was like a wave of emotions came crashing down on me. Why now? “I’m sorry…” He said lowering his head. “I acted out of jealousy and anger. I shouldn’t have said those mean things to you. It’s my fault that you are here and the baby…” he knows about the baby… no… My body couldn’t take it any longer and I fell on my knees.

The tears and emotions that were trapped deep inside me appeared all at once and became painful sobs. I felt two arms wrap themselves around me. Logan was cradling me in his arms, tears staining his face.

“I’m so sorry…. I’m so sorry… Please forgive me!” He repeated over and over. “Life without you isn’t the same. If I would have kept my mouth shut and talked to Kendall instead of letting anger take control of me, we could have been a happy family.“

There I realized that everything happens for a reason. God gave purpose to everything. If none of this would have happened Michael would have kept on hurting women. All that Logan and I went through was just putting our love to the test. And now our baby is a little angel watching over us, he’s in a better place. My sobs died down I found my voice.

“Logan… I… I forgive you.” I wiped some of his tears away.

“I love you! You are the reason I decided to be a better man. You turned my life around and I thank you for it.” He scratched the back of his head and continued “Can we start over and forget all that happened? I don’t want to lose you ever again.”

I closed the gap between us and kissed his lips softly “I love you and I promise I’m not going anywhere this time.”