Chapter 1

Today, today is the day, I Alani Ramirez graduates from the University of California Los Angeles with my bachelors degree in Athletic Training. All my hard work of endless nights studying, and endless amounts of Starbucks coffee, I get to walk the stage to receive my College diploma.

I am the eldest child of three. My sister and I live in a condo in Los Angeles, and my brother and parents live in Santa Monica. Layla is younger than me by 2 years. I am 22 years old and she is 20 and is currently attending College at the University of Southern California.

We have always been rivals since she attends USC, and I attend UCLA, but we still remain very close.

Then there is my younger brother Ethan. He is 17 years old, but acts like the older brother we never had. We have always been as siblings and competitive with sports.

Layla and I have played softball our whole life, but then I tore my ACL. I was told I could never play another softball game in my life. I was devastated with the whole situation, but I looked at it all in a different way. I took my injury and turned it into an inspiration and that is why I chose to be an Athletic Trainer, to prevent injuries like mine.

Tomorrow will be the life that I have worked so hard for. Once I walk that stage and receive my diploma, I can officially say I am an Athletic Trainer for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Never in my life did I ever think I would get to personally work for the Dodgers organization but tomorrow I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations to the graduating class of 2016!" the Dean of Admission says loudly and the graduates erupt in screams and cheers as they throw their caps into the air. As I shuffle my way through the crowd to find my parents, my phone kept vibrating as if someone was texting or calling me.

I check and see if maybe it is my parents but instead it is a tweet from the Dodgers twitter account, "Congratulations to @LaniRamirez for her accomplishments at Ucla. The organization looks forward to having you apart of the team tomorrow. See you then!"

As soon as I finish reading the tweet with excitement, I hear my name being shouted from up ahead and I run into the arms of my mom dad, brother and sister. After all the pictures with family and friends, my parents decide on going to dinner at STK Los Angeles, the well known steak house in the area.

As we are all eating and enjoying the company of family from out of town, my sister says "Alani, I can't believe you start tomorrow with the Dodgers."

"I know! And talking about the Dodgers, I forgot to show you! Look what they said." as I brought out my phone to show her the previous tweet I had gotten.

"No way! I am so jealous of you! You will have to give me all the details after work tomorrow!"

After the delicious dinner, my sister and I say our goodbyes and thank yous to my family then make our way to our place. Tomorrow is a big day so I shower and get ready for bed.

The next morning

I wake up and get my day going by making some coffee and turning pandora on. I then head to the bathroom to straighten my hair and start my makeup. After that, I go to my closet and put on my dodgers tank top and leggings from PINK and top it off with a dodgers hat. Perks about working for the Dodgers is I get 50% off on apparel and hats.

I take my coffee to go and put my stuff in my black Range Rover and head to the stadium. After about 25 minutes I pull into the parking lot and a staff member offered to park my car in the staff parking near the players parking. I allow him to do so and make my way to the club house. I am greeted right away by Dave Roberts, the team manager.

"Welcome Alani." says Roberts as he steps aside to show me the work space I will be working in. "Hello Mr. Roberts, how are you?" I said to sound a bit profesional.

"Call me coach. That's what all the boys call me." said Roberts.

"Will do, "coach." I said.

He then showed me around the clubhouse and locker room and the players were slowly making their way in to get ready for a 1:10 Sunday game. I have to admit, I was definitely checking they guys out because man they are bomb as hell. I always had a thing for Kiké but he has a girlfriend, but a crush won't hurt.

'Seager in my office." said Roberts. "You too Alani." so I followed him into his office and so did a very tall good looking guy. He must be a rookie because he hasn't been here too long for me to recognize him.

"Seager, this is Alani, she will be the trainer for all the young guys besides pitchers. So you, Pederson, Thompson, and Kiké will be assigned to Alani on a day to day basis." said Roberts. In the corner of my eyes, I see the rookie Seager looking at me for a good amount of time, so I break the silence and say "Sounds good. Thanks Coach, and nice to meet you... Seager? He breaks out of daze and says "Uh yeah nice to meet you too, and Corey is fine. I can introduce you to the others you will be set with if you'd like."

"That would be nice, thank you." i said while following behind him.