Chapter 20

Again I just wanna say thx for everyone reading my story and the comments!!!! I didn't ecpect so much people to like it!!!!!! I just do it because I seriously can't wait for the actual book to come out.

Anyway, thanks!!!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************************

Percy

Percy got up slowly and yawned. He blinked sleep out of his eyes. The other guys were still sound asleep....

No. Leo wasn't in his bed.

"He's probably just out for a walk or something."

As he washed and got dressed, Jason and Frank woke up as well. "Morning." Frank yawned.

"Hey, where's Leo?" Jason asked.

"Dunno." Percy shrugged. "He wasn't here when I woke up." A look of worry shadowed Jason's face. "Where do you think he is?" "I'm sure he's fine." Frank said sleepily.

They got dressed and headed out. The girls headed towards them. "Have you seen Leo?" The boys asked. "Have you seen Annabeth?" The girls asked at the same time.

"What?" Hazel blinked. "Leo's missing?" "He wasn't in bed when we woke up." Percy explained. "That was the same with Annabeth." Piper said.

"Where could they be?" Percy wondered. "They could've just gone out together." Frank said doubtfully.

"Not this long." Jason shook his head. "And wouldn't they have at least left a note or something?"

"You're right." Percy said worriedly. "Let's split up and look for them."

They searched the entire motel, even outside it, but they couldn't find Annabeth or Leo anywhere. "Do you think they're in trouble?" Hazel asked. No one replied. It was very likely.

"Excuse me?" Pierre and Peter approached them. "What seems to be the problem?" "We're looking for our friends." Percy said. "Have you seen them?"

"Oh, you mean thaht Hispanic boy and blonde girl? I think I saw them around the lobby, but that was a while ago." Peter said.

"Oh, well, if you see them, could you let them know we're looking for them?" Percy said. "Of course." Pierre smiled, and the two walked away.

"Guys," Piper said slowly. "I think they're monsters." "What?" Jason exclaimed. "How do you know?"

"They're faces." Piper blinked. "It seems blurry. I think it's the Mist." "I guess I kinda notice it." Frank said uncertainly. "Piper can see through the Mist better than anyone, like when back in the Underworld." Jason explained.

"Oh, gods." Piper muttered. "I-I think they're....Cyclopes."

"Cyclopes?" Percy groaned. "How could we miss that?' "I'm getting really tired of them." Hazel mumbled.

"Then those guys must have Leo and Annabeth somewhere." Jason concluded. "But how are we going to find them?' Piper asked. "We searched the whole building."

"Actually, we haven't searched everywhere." Percy said. "Huh?" They all stared at him. "Remember, Jason? We passed by that locked up room."

"You're right!" Jason exclaimed. "They could be there!" "Then, what are we waiting for?" Frank said. "Let's go!"

"But we have to be careful." Percy said with caution. "You're right." Jason nodded. "Anyone in this motel could be monsters."

The group trudged on slowly, looking around for any signs of mythical creatures that wanted them for breakfast.