Chapter 13

Now our heroes are on their journey. Epic adventures, battling, comedy, and me sucking my lollipop while I type.

Enjoy!!!!!

P.S. Sorry I haven't done Annabeth in a while.

************************************************************************************************************************

Annabeth

Annabeth was observing her mark when she heard screaming and screeching. She ran out onto the deck. Hazel was being carried away by a large bird.

"Gryphons!" Percy cried. He swore under his breath. "What are they doing here?" Frank asked. "Can't you shoot it down?" Percy asked. Frank shook his head. "I could hit her."

Jason, Leo, and Piper joined them. "Be right back." He lifted into the air, his knew Imperial gold sword that the Romans had given him in hand. He slashed at the Gryphon that held Hazel. It screeched as Jason's sword met it's flesh, leaving a gash. Jason swung again, this time cutting off one of the wings. It let go of Hazel and tumbled into the ocean. Hazel shrieked as she fell. Jason tried to grab her, but she was falling too fast.

"NO!" Everyone cried. But as she hit the water, the ocean enveloped her and cushioned her fall. Annabeth glanced at Percy. His hand was held out, his eyes narrowed in concentration. Annabeth smiled. "That's my seaweed brain." She thought. Percy raised his hand, and the water lifted hazel back onto the ship.

"Oh, gods, thanks, Percy!" Hazel was shaking hard, dripping from head to toe. Frank tried to comfort her. It was obvious that these two were together.

Another Gryphon flew towards them. Annabeth unsheated her dagger and jumped onto the bird. She dug her knife into its back. The Gryphon cried in pain and turned to dust. Annabeth rolled onto the deck.

"Nice." Percy commented. "Thanks.' She said. Everyone took out their weapons.

Annabeth watched in awe as Percy fought with Riptide. His fighting had improved. And he looked much hotter.

She scolded herself as a pair of talons pinned her to the ground. Everyone was too busy fighting to come help her.

She swung her dagger desperately, but the Gryphon only advanced, squuawking happily at its new prey. She felt the sleeve of her shirt slide down, revealing her mark. The Gryphon's eyes widened. It squawked at the other Gryphons, who all turned and stared ta her with beady eyes. They flew off in less than a second.

"What just happened?" Leo panted. "They must've got scared or something." Annabeth quickly covered the tatoo. Percy studied her. She grimaced. He knew that she was hiding something.

"They must've come because of last time." Hazel said. "Probably." Frank agreed. "Let's go inside before more monsters come for revenge." Jason said. Everyone hurried back inside the ship.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Annabeth was dreaming about the day she'd gotten the mark. It was a few days after Percy disappeared. Her arm started to get all itchy, then it started to burn. She put a ton of ice and water on it. She rubbed it with cream. Nothing help.

Then one day it started hurting. It hurt real bad. She fell to the floor instantly. Luckily, none of her brothers and sisters were in the cabin. The pain was unbearable. She had a vision. She was watching the world engulfed in flames. The fire wouldn't stop growing. She saw Gaea smiling evilly at the destruction, hundreds of casualties lying on the floor.