Chapter 9

Stiles' POV

I looked over at Derek and pulled up my sunglasses to give him the most sarcastic look possible. "Yes?"

"What are you doing here? How did you even know where I was?" He prattles on, asking a bunch of questions. I just roll my eyes and go back to playing white tiles four. I felt someone taping my shoulder and I looked up at Derek.

"What?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. I rolled my eyes again, trying not to think about how cute he looked without a shirt.

"I'm playing a game," I said and looked back down. He groans loudly and I smirked.

"Your doing this on purpose aren't you?" He asks. I swore softly when I tapped the wrong block and looked up.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"You know what I'm talking about Stiles! Don't play innocent with me. How did you get here?" He asks.

"Flew," I said.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"I don't know Derek. Why am I here?" I asked.

"I don't know!" He yelled, exasperated. He immediately covered his mouth. "Stiles, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell."

"You know what, this is stupid! I don't even know why I came. It was obviously a dumb idea! I thought maybe if I showed up, you would say something. I love you Stiles. I missed you Stiles. Anything! But no. All I get are questions about why I'm here and to get yelled at. I'm going home." I got up and grabbed my phone. I stormed down the beach. I felt arms grab me from behind but I shoved them off.

"Stiles!" Derek begged. He ran alongside me and tried to stop me but I brushed by me. 

"Go away Derek. I'm tired of this."

"Tired of me?" He asked. I turned and he stopped quickly before he could run into me.

"I'm tired of loving you!" The world seemed to go silent and Derek and I stared at each other. Me, trying not to cry angry tears and Derek, with his poker face on. "That's why I came back Derek. Because I love you. And you can say whatever you want to say. We just met. Love doesn't exist. I'm wasting my time. I should move on. I don't care Derek. I just want to stay here with you. You make me happy and I'm just going to go wherever you go. I'm the puppy to your wolf. I'll chase you anywhere," I finished. 

He quietly turned around and I watched as he walked down the beach. I sat down in the sand and started crying into my hands. "Stupid Stiles," I muttered. "Don't put yourself out there on the line and you won't get hurt idiot." I heard footsteps and looked up to see Derek standing there, holding the chair and his book.

"I love you too," he said quietly. "So that's why I'm coming with you." 

"Do you have an extra plane ticket?" He asked. I shook my head no and his face fell.

"But when you have a bottomless amount of cash, you can always buy another," I said and he smiled brightly. He held out a hand for me and I took it. He pulled me to my feet and we walked back to his cottage together. While he was on the phone with his boss, I walked around the cottage. I noticed that he had up one of the pictures of us, framed on the mantle. I was kissing his cheek in it. I smiled and took it down to get a better look at it. 

"That one's my favorite," Derek said as he walked up behind me.

"Oh yeah?" I asked. Derek nods as he plucks it out of my hands and returns it to it's place. "Good news, I got my old post back. So now I'm stuck watching you again!" 

I hugged him tightly. "Yes!" I yelled. He hugs me back. I called the airport and booked us a flight back to the White House for the next morning. 

After dinner, Derek and I were sitting on his bed, watching Netflix. When it kept buffering, I started getting annoyed. "Cmon Derek, your wifi sucks here."

"Not my fault, I don't pay for it," Derek said. He pulls me closer to him and I rest my head in his lap. 

"Don't worry, when I buy a house one day, I'll make sure we have the best connection around."

"Yes, and you'll also make sure we have a pokestop and gym right in front of our house so you'll never have to leave the couch," Derek laughed. I punched his arm. "Jerk! You should happen to know that I'm level 20 on pokemon go. What level are you on, again?"

"Since the last time you played on my phone, I think two," Derek said. This time, it was my turn to laugh at him. 

We got on the plane the next morning. It was a long flight but I just slept on Derek's arm, which he complained about the whole time, but never tried to move me off of him.  We went home and lounged around, not doing much. 

30 Dates Later

I was sitting in a fancy restaurant across from Derek, wearing my best suit, which to be honest, is really uncomfortable. I tried to talk Derek into going to McDonalds or something but he wasn't having it. 

"It's our 30th," he said. "Are you really going to ruin it by going to McDonalds?" To this, I grumbled a no and he smiles. That's how I ended up here, in my uncomfortable suit and Derek chatting away a storm, which is very unusual. I tried to ask him if he was feeling ok but he said he was fine.

"So, Stiles," Derek said after we had eaten our dinner and were eating dessert. I looked up at him with pie in my mouth. "Uhh?" He stands up and I stared down at him as he knelt beside me and pulled a small black box out of his pocket.

"Stiles, I love you more than you can possibly imagine. I couldn't go a day without you. So, will you do me the honor of being my husband?" He asks. 

"No, sorry," I said once I had swallowed my pie. He stared at me, flabbergasted. "Only if you beg," I smirked. He groans. 

"Please please please with curly fries will you be my husband?" He begs. I smiled and nodded. He slid the ring on my finger and I hugged him tightly. We kissed until someone coughed and muttered something about PDA. I laughed and pulled away. 

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed the new and improved chapter 9! I think this is a lot better than my last one. Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment!

Love as always,

Taylor

Word Count: 1154 ¯\_0.0_/¯