Chapter Eight

It was the next morning. The girls did not want to go to school. "Girls you have to go to school." Cory says getting them out of bed.
      Hesitantly they climbed out of bed. Riley put on this black crop top with high waisted jeans so it wouldnt expose her with some white converse. Maya just wore a red dress and a jean jacket with ankle boots. The girls grabbed their bookbags and left.
      Lucas, Zay, and Smackle were in their usual spot. They see the girls walk in. Riley immediately leans against her locker and slides to the ground. She puts her head between her knees. Maya immediately notices their friends and looks at them and points at Riley. Farkle walks in. Everyone looks at him and then to Riley. Riley was crying.
      Farkle sat next to her she looked up pushes him away and walks down stairs. She then comes back up "We have my dad now." Riley says and walks into the class room.
      The group walks in and sits Riley puts her head on her desk and her dad looks at her then the group confused.
       "Um.." Cory says running over to the group. "I dont know whether to be her father or her teacher." Cory says. Maya says "Be her father and then her teacher. Give it to her!" everyone looks at Maya shocked "What? I wanna see what hes got."
      "Okay... Riley honey darling sweetie um sit up please." Riley stays still. "Teacher now!" Maya says "Okay. Riley Matthews. Sit up right now or im sending you to the principles office." Cory says. Riley doesnt move. "I cant do it guys." he says looking at his daughter all miserable. Maya grabs Rileys hair and sits her up. Then Riley props herself up on her hand looking at her father.
      "Riley. Lucas. Debate." Cory says looking at the two. Riley stands up next to Lucas at the podium. "Uh huh hem" She starts she inhales and then says "Not doin it." Riley says. "Do it." "No" DO IT RILEY OR YOU GET THE FIRST ZERO IN YOUR LIFE." "Gimme a zero then." Lucas steps up "Aw come on Riley--" Lucas starts. Riley turns around "You back your Mr. Perfect self out of this." Riley says "Yee" the group says in unison backing up.
      Riley sits down in her seat. Everyone just looking at Riley shocked with her behavior. "Riley?" Farkle says. "Not right now, Farkle" Riley says not even looking at him.
      The bell rings. Its time for them to go home. Riley walks out Maya blocks the group from being able to leave. "Listen all of you Bay Window after school." Maya says. "Oh and Eric and Josh are staying with the Matthews so there might be some eaves dropping." Maya says and then leaves the class room. She heads to Rileys house.
      Riley and Maya are in the Bay Window when there is a knock on the window. Riley looks "Smackle?" she says looking at Maya. "Oh yeah I invited everyone to come over to work things out." Maya says. Riley just opens the window and moves over.
      Josh, Topanga, Cory, and Eric come in and sit on the bed. "What?" Maya says looking at them. They get up to leave. "Actually Eric stay. Youre good at these things." Maya says. Eric acts like its an honor and gets everyone out but obviously keeps the door cracked so others can hear.
      "Okay so whats going on?" Eric asks the group. Everyone is silent until Maya starts rambling and ranting on and on about everything that happened.
      "Oh wow um okay." Eric says not exactly knowing what to do. "Okay so Smackle. How do you feel about this whole kiss situation?" Eric asked Smackle looks at Riley and Farkle. "Um, mad, upset, betrayed." She stops there. "Okay Riley how do you feel?" Eric asks.
      Riley froze she was completely humilated. "What do I think? How do I feel?" she says everyone can tell she is about to explode. "Well first of all i feel really awful! LISTEN!" Riley said starting to yell everyone in the hall stepped in enough to see everyone in the room. "YOU THINK IT WAS MY FIRST CHOICE TO KISS HIM? YOU THINK THAT I THOUGHT LET ME RUIN FRIENDSHIPS AND RELATIONSHIPS FOR ONE KISS? NO! I AM NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND RUIN LIFE LONG FRIENDSHIPS BECAUSE OF ONE MISTAKE." Riley ranted.
      "Dad." she said turning to Cory. "Remember when you were teaching us about Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton?" she said calming down "Ooh i love it when they apply my lessons to life." Cory said as him Topanga and Josh sat down on Rileys bed.
      "Remember how you said he made ONE mistake was forever held accountable for that?" Riley said. Cory nodded. "Well thats whats happening. I made one mistake and now its being held over my head like- like Damocles." Riley said. She then climbed out of the window. Cory sat there and nodded.
      "Where do you think shes going?" Maya asks. "The roof. Other than the bay window thats where she goes to think." Topanga said.
      The group then left and went to the roof to see Riley facing the sunset. Tears streaming down her face.