Manmarziya

Sanyukta  stood in balcony gazing at her son and Arya.
He was hers,wasn't he?
Her eyes were already glossy.
She felt pain in her jaws due to supressing  her cries.
She felt rough hand on her knuckles.
Randhir stood beside her silently he saw his exit.
"Life played very cruel game sanyukta .My own child calls me maamu.I am bound to my promises and you are handcuffed in duties".
"At least  he is in front of us."
"Hmm. ..atleast  he is in our life".
He hugged by side she leaned on to his chest listening to his heart beat.
IN GAUTAM'S  CAR   :

Arya  was leaning on to window.
She plugged on to her earphones.
Gautam stole glances at her.
She too watched him.
His silky white shirt showed his perfect masculine features.
His biceps popped through that shirt.
His rolled up sleeves and that steel watch on his wrist.
All made him look  sexier.
Her mind drifted to the beginning  of  everything.
Gautam  too went in flashback.

♡♡♡♡♡Flashback :♡♡♡♡♡
"Wow, I didn't knew this side of you" he said in an astonish tone.
"There are many things you don't know about me ".she replied with confidence.
"Then help me with it".
His eyes twinkle  with some unknown spark.
They both left the party and walked on the grass that was in the backyard of party hall.
The lazy cold breeze touch her face tangling her hairs.
While he looked at her moonbathed  face.
"So  what is definition  of "modern" according to you ".
He asked while studying her face.
Suddenly  she looked at him and said :
I may not able to say what exactly  I feel about all modern thing.
I will tell you a short story.
These incident is just few months back . It changed my whole concept of modernity,relationship.
As you know I am working as intern. So I am assisting  a senior  Doctor.
I entered the hospital premises when  I heard curses of a lady.
I went in that direction.
I saw a fat lady cursing the young lady who happened to be my patient  means ours.
She was cursing her in local marathi language  which I didn't understood.
Later a nurse told me as that young lady lost her first child as slipped in her house and due to falling her stomach and heavy  bleeding we had to remove her uterus  thus snatching her ability to give birth. The fat lady was her mother-in-law. Who was going to bring second wife for his son as her first daughter in law was of no use to them.
Hypocrites! !!woman isn't a baby producing  machine.
I shooked my head in annoyance  and went to my senior  Doctor  cabin.When I hit someone, he was much taller than me he was wearing  a kurta  and jeans.
He was wearing a gold chain around him and his moustache,shabby look give clear identity  of him.
He was some local villager from nearby village.
I  entered  my senior's  cabin,I asked him who was that man ?
To which he replied that he was husband  of that young lady.
For what reason he came ?
He is going to leave his wife anyways just for a child .ssly? There are many children around who need parental  love why to add more to population.
Illiterate Villager!!
I was frustrated but what Doctor  said amused me .
"Arya,he is not like you think him . Remember  don't judge book by its cover .Same applies here don't judge him by his appearance .You know he came to fix a date for his VASECTOMY  operation".
My eyes popped at his revelation.
Why would he do this ?.vasectomy means permanent  sterilisation of a male.
I immediately  rushed outside and saw him.Holding his wife carefully  and letting her out his disappeared figure made me realise many things.
You know Gautam that day I realised  that just Good looks,sophisticated  behaviour  doesn't makes you modern.
Your thoughts  makes you modern or illiterate. It doesn't matter that whether  you are An MBA  holder or someone with higher degree if you think  that a woman is made for kitchen and household  things.
Wearing western clothes can make you look modern as it's the common definition  all over.
But your thinking  is same old and orthodox.Change it first .
She gave reality check to Gautam.
He stood till she disappeared  in the crowd again.
♡♡♡♡Flashback ends♡♡♡♡♡
They reached hospital  premises she got down.
"Gautam, don't wait for me.I won't come back".
Her words made his heart bleed .
His face showed hurt expression.
She turned and wiped that traitor  tear and left from there.
******************************
Hey guyz I hope you  are enjoying  the story?
The small story above is just remaking of a story I have read years ago in some magazine  or somewhere I don't remember. But this story had really touched my heart so I just remember this story even after 6-7 years . Beautifully written salute to that writer.