28 | Bug Extermination

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Don't underestimate him, Vegeta! You were barely able to touch #18, and Cell is much stronger than her," Piccolo said.

"I'm not going to listen to you badmouth me! Do you want me to kill you before I kill the androids?! I'll surpass them... No matter what, I'll surpass them! I'll even surpass the Super Saiyan!"

"You're going to surpass Super Saiyan?" Trunks said.

"I think Kakarot's going to do it too... I'm sure of it." Vegeta turned around and smirked. "You bastards can do whatever you want." Then he dashed to the sky.

"If you're going to be like that in the future, I'm going to leave you forever. Don't expect me to be as patient as Bulma-san," she muttered under her breath as Trunks sheepishly laughed at this. His stubbornness alone had killed her most of the time and his father was even worst.

"But surpassing Super Saiyan... Is it possible?"

Tenten shrugged. "Who knows? But I think it's possible if our fathers are thinking of the same thing."

"So, what do you think we should do now? Going back to the past to destroy #17 wouldn't solve anything, right?" Krillin asked.

"That's right. It would save that dimension's future but it wouldn't do anything for this dimension."

"So, it probably wouldn't do any good to go to Dr. Gero's lab and destroy Cell there..."

"It would," Tenten suddenly said. "Let's go there so we wouldn't have to worry about another Cell in this future." She cracked her finger and dashed to the sky.

"Wait, Ten—" She topped up her speed without waiting, noticing that both Trunks and Krillin followed her suit.

"You were looking exactly like this when you saw your boyfriend being killed before you. So helpless, powerless, and hopeless."

Tenten gnashed her teeth. The fire seed that was searing the first time she heard the news was once again flaring inside her, burning every vein in her body that she topped up her speed again until she reached Dr. Gero's now wrecked lab. It was almost impossible to find the underground lab under the wreckage but she didn't know what possessed her when she went down and walked straight into what seemed to be a hole...

Where Cell was born.

She went into it, pretty amazed by the computers and the equipment that was close to what they had seventeen years later. Dr. Gero must have done something prior to protect the inside of the underground lab as everything seemed to be perfectly working. There was a glass in the middle of the lab, equipped with the lights that made it look like the main show of the lab; inside it was a liquid with an embryo inside. Judging from the shape, she was pretty certain that it was none other than Cell.

This thing killed Trunks...

"Hey, look at this!" She glanced over her shoulder when Trunks approached the table and scrutinised a blueprint.

"What are the blueprints for? Cell?" Krillin asked.

"No! It says '#17" right here!" Trunks excitedly said. "I better let Kā-san have a look at this! She might be able to figure out their weaknesses!" He then approached Tenten. "We found it! We finally found a clue to their weaknesses!"

"Yeah. That's great," was all she could say. Trunks was confused with her flat reaction, raising an eyebrow, insisting her to tell what was going on. "Let's go and give that to your mother."

"Okay, let's destroy this place..." Krillin prepared his stance to shoot his energy Ki.

"Can you please let me do it? Destroying this place?" Both Krillin and Trunks were exchanging looks at her request but they nodded in response. "Okay, you two go outside." And so, they did. Tenten circled around the glass, watching how the embryo slightly moved once in a while.