"You can tick off getting a wedding dress," I tell Daniel as I point to the item on the list. "I've already got one. As for the caterers, you can mark that off, too. Also, I know a photographer that will be more than willing to take the photos for us, and I've already chosen my bridesmaids."

"When did you decide all this?" Daniel almost accuses, looking down at me with a frown knitted between his brows. 

"I've had the dress picked out for a while and I chose the bridesmaids practically on the day I asked you to marry me," I smile. Holding up my hand, I count out the list of the women I've chosen to be my bridesmaids. "Charlotte, Emma, Jasmine and Jenna. How many ushers will you have, because I figure we need the numbers to be pretty even."

Daniel pulls in his lower lip in that way he does when he's thinking. "Well, my best man will be Samuel, although Elias will have something to say about that," he laughs. "Fletch and Michael, I was thinking would be good, and of course, Lucas."

I shake my head. "You can't have Lucas."

"Why not?" My fiancé questions, looking hurt that I wouldn't allow my brother to be a part of his troop of ushers. "You're having Jenna, I want Lucas."

"Which would be fine," I say, shrugging my shoulders lightly. "If I hadn't already asked him to give me away."

As much as it was tradition to ask your father to walk you down the aisle, Dad had already had that experience with Emma. I wasn't a stickler for tradition and with Dad's blessing, I asked Lucas if he would do me the honour. Naturally, Luc got all excited at the prospect and asked if he could also supply the Father of the Bride speech, too, which was something I left for him and Dad to argue about. All I wanted was for my brother to be a big part of the day. The rest of the details was up to him. 

"What about Jimmy?" Daniel refers to my father by the nickname only Dad's family and closest friends call him.

"What about him?" I mindlessly ask, looking through the other details that were listed. I had the gown sorted, as well as the shoes, hair, and makeup. I hadn't really considered a veil and bridal accessories, but I was certain about the whole something new, something old, something borrowed, something blue. Oh, invites. "Are we having some sort of theme to the wedding?"

"Excuse me?" Daniel closes his eyes and shakes his head, showing his confusion. "What about your dad?"

"He'll still be at the wedding, but it'll be Lucas giving me away," I explain, looking up at my fiancé. Shuffling closer to him, I drape one of my legs over Daniel's knee in the way I do when we're at home. "Dad knows and he's cool with it all. Lucas is an intrinsic part of my life and I cannot imagine getting married without him by my side. That's where he's always been and that's where he'll be on the day that I go from being Miss Delaney to Mrs Whitaker. Now, are we having a theme to the wedding? I don't mean Cowboys and Indians, I mean black and gold."

Surprisingly, between the both of us, Martha Stewart's website, and Pinterest, Daniel and I had almost finalised all the details concerning our nuptials. We were going for a white, glitter, and gold New Year's Eve theme and the wedding ceremony itself was going to be held at the church on the Courtenay Estate while the reception will be held in one of the barns closest to the church. We wanted a live jazz band, if possible, but Daniel was adamant that Samuel knew someone that was a great acoustic guitar player and we could always have a DJ as a last resort. 

As it would be a New Year's Eve wedding, we thought it might be cool to only have twelve tables in total, and to show the table number we'd have a clock as part of the centrepieces, the arms pointing towards each hour indicating the table number. Due to the limited number of tables we were planning on having, it meant that we had to cut back on the number of guests, which surprisingly made creating a seating plan all that easier. 

"Why is it that my guest list runs over two pages while yours only covers half of one?" I asked, comparing my guest list to Daniel's. 

"That's because you come from a huge family," Daniel notes. "Your family is close while mine is... anyway, that's why your list is longer than mine."

It took a little longer for us to agree on favours for our reception guests. Daniel wanted to gift them with miniature bottles of Champagne and truffles, while I wanted something that would tie in with our wedding. Eventually, seeing as the wedding was to be held on New Year's Eve, we thought giving out sparklers and a hangover recovery kit might be more suitable.

"Afterall," Daniel said with an amused grin on his face. "Your family drink an obscene amount of alcohol."

"Well, unlike you and your friends and family," I countered. "Mine can handle their alcohol intake and don't suffer the morning after. Personally, I think the Delaney's would prefer the Champagne idea. You know, keep the party going. But it's your side that I'm most concerned about. So, let's go with the sparklers and the hangover recovery kit."

"I take offence at that," he pouts.

"You would."

"Ok, down to the last item on the list," Daniel says as he scribbles down what we had just agreed upon. "Ceremony music and reading. Personally, I think for our first dance, we should have something unusual."

I pull away from him and narrow my eyes. "Unusual?"

"In the sense that no one else would ever think about having this song as their wedding song," he explains, turning his head slightly to look at me. "What was that French song that was playing in that bar in Paris when we were there back in March?"

"Hymne à L'Amour," I answer, a smile breaking out on my face as I remember the last night we spent together in Paris. I'd dragged Daniel into this quaint little café bar that only ever played Édith Piaf and when a certain song began to play, all the older couples got up to dance. While Daniel didn't really know what the lyrics were about, he still held out his hand for me, insisting we join in, 'to get the real Paris experience.' Going along with it, I took Daniel's offer and together we danced for the entirety of the song. I think it was then that my feelings for him were solidified. I knew as I was held in his embrace, my cheek resting against his heavily beating chest, that I was falling for him. Undeniably, falling for him. "There's an English version, too, if you really want that song."

Daniel shakes his head. "No, I want the French version," he insists. "It was the song that was playing when I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, so it damned well better be the song playing when you and I start that journey together."

"French version it is," I say, trying to hide my widening grin, but failing spectacularly. Not caring who could see into the office, I purposely knock the iPad out of Daniel's hand and watch as it falls onto the carpeted floor, and then practically throw myself onto him. In a dignified kind of way, of course. Taken aback, Daniel's eye widen, although they shine with amusement. "Did you know that you, Mr Whitaker, are all kinds of amazing?"

"Mhm," he mutters, edging his face closer and closer to mine while his hands pull at my waist until we're pressed together. "I've always known that. And guess what?"

"What?"

"You get to spend the rest of your life with someone as amazing as me," he sinfully smirks. Playfully slapping his bicep, I roll my eyes at his words. "But then again, I do get to spend the rest of my life with someone as amazing as you, so I guess we're even, huh?"

Even? Not even close. I'm pretty sure that out of the two of us, I'm getting the better end of the deal. I get Daniel. 

He get's a crazy lady.