This is my secret weapon !

(Go Misato ! Go go go !)

 I had completely forgotten I was there to report. I was completely engrossed in his game. "Huh" Misato let out a grunt of effort as he aced a serve. The crowd were on their feet screaming. "What a serve, Misato !" I found myself on my feet too. Lending my voice to his support. the game drew to a close and the umpire announced "Game won by Yusuke Misato !" The umpire's voice resounded across the court. "Yes ! He did it !" I was punching the air in celebration. Another Japanese player greeted "Well done, Yusuke !" And he responded "You're up next, I'm counting on you !"

Misato headed back to the bench and high-fived his team. Seeing him look so happy sent my heart fluttering. (Misato's smiling and laughing. How lovely ! I wish I could see it closer ! That's just what I am going to do ! I want to get that on camera ! )

I was letting myself go and shook my head to gather myself. I tried to stop my heart from racing and all the reporters around me got to their feet.

Reporter : Misato's matches are finished for the day, aren't day ? All right, It's time to go get the interview."

Noisily and restlessly, the reporters edged their way to the back of the court. The results of the game weren't important to them. Only wether or not they could get Misato's voice on tape. ( If I didn't have work to do, I'd stay to the very end, but work has to be done. I want to know what happens in the next match but I've got to hurry to get to Misato.)

I was worried the other reporters would beat me to it, so I gathered my belongings and headed to the player's room.

Manager : Only staff are allowed past this point."

Reporter : Where's Misato ? We just want to have a quick word !"

A crowd of reporters were blocking the entrance to the room. It didn't look like I would be able to get near him. I peeked inside my bag. Inside was my 'secret weapon'

Reporter : Hey ! Stay out of my way !

The reporters pushed and shoved. It was obvious there is no way I could get through. ( There seems to be no hope of me meeting him here.)

Suddenly, I was jerked from the side. Someone had pulled me by my arm. (Huh ? What's going on ?) I turned around in my surprise and stood there was Misato. "Misa--"  "Shh !"  "But.."  Before I could finish speaking, he put his hand across my mouth. His bony fingertips touched my lips. i suddenly felt my cheeks flush. "Be quiet." Misato spoke in a whisper. He pulled me into a passageway, still keeping his hand on my mouth. "Over here" 

(Where are you taking me ?) Mist's warm hand were still on my mouth as he pulled me into a small room on the opposite side of the passageway. "If we stay here" He was stood like he was hugging me from behind. He let out a deep sigh. The warmth of his breath brushed my neck. I felt my skin break out in a goosebumps. "Mm, mmph !" "Huh ?Oh, sorry" He snapped back to his senses and took his warm hand from my mouth. I let out a sigh. "You really shocked me then ! What was that all about ?" I could feel his warmth on my lips. I could still feel my heart pounding hard in my chest but I tried to disguise it.

"I'm sorry for surprising you. But we couldn't afford to make any noise back there." Misato averted his gaze and frowned for a reason.

You : There are loads of reporters again here today.

Misato : They come here looking for information without a care for anyone. I really hate it.

He let out a sigh of tiredness.

You : But I came here to report too, didn't I ? Why did you come and meet me ?

I looked straight at him. He looked a little surprised for a moment.

Misato : Well..it's just...

Misato struggled to find the words. He seemed to be thinking of what to say next.

Misato : Err...oh yeah. I wanted to ask you how was I in the match ?

You : Your match ?

Misato : Yeah, If you want to report on my match, you had to be watching it properly.

A broad smile crossed his face. He kept his eyes on me. I answered "Oh...yes ..the first game , you seemed to really push the opponent to his limits. You stole that game from him. Then there was that hit in the 3rd game, that 2nd serve was incredible !" 

Misato : You think so ?

You : And then you managed to return their serve from across the court. I needed screaming on my feet. That serve sealed the game for you. That's what I think anyway !

I found myself talking passionately with my fist clenched in my other hand. I talked on heatedly to Misato.  "You really were watching the game properly. His eyes widened and he looked at me surprised. 

(This might be my chance !) I took out the file from my bag and handed it to Misato. "Misato, would you please take a look at this ?"  "What's this ?" He frowned as he took hold of the file. Yes.This is my secret weapon.