Three.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, frozen in his spot.

"I-I work here now. I work for you." I spoke quietly averting my gaze from his, finding my shoes to be much more interesting.

"I didn't know you were my new assistant. I didn't think I'd ever see you again after-"

"Look," I cut him off. "I came here to work. I don't want to talk about my personal life or hear about yours. This is strictly business. If you want to chat about not knowing if you'd ever see me again we can do it on our own time. Not at work. Now, do you have anything you'd like me to do?" I asked letting out a loud sigh.

He stood there marveled over my words and quite frankly I don't blame him. I would be shocked as well.

"Uh-um. Yes, actually. I have a meeting later tonight I'd like to cancel. Can you call this number and ask them to reschedule for 7:30 next Tuesday?" He quickly handed me a slip of paper before turning around and staring out of the window again.

"I beg your pardon but may I ask why you want to reschedule in case he asks?" I asked. I was partially telling the truth. I was curious as to what better things he had planned.

"I'm taking a lovely woman out for a date tonight." He spoke quietly not bothering to turn around. A part of me felt a bit disappointed knowing that he was possibly dating someone but the thought soon left my head as I realized he's my boss now and I can't get attached to him or anyone else.

"Yes Mr. Horan." I spoke before turning around. However I was quickly stopped as soon as I felt someone grab my wrist.

"Just call me Niall okay?" He asked quietly. I glanced back at him and looked into his crystal blue eyes before nodding. He gave me a small smile and turned back around.

As soon as he let go I felt cold. It's like when he touched me, electricity shot throughout my arm giving me comfort and satisfaction and now that it's gone, I'm cold and empty. I don't why I felt that way or even how I could feel that way but I just did.

❁❁❁

"I miss you so much love." My aunt Merril said quietly through the phone. I could tell she was trying to hold back tears. I don't blame her as I was doing the same.

"I miss you too. Hey don't worry about me alright? I already met a few people and have a job. I'll do just fine." I reassured her.

"Already? Who do you work for? What do you do?" She asked.

"I'm a personal assistant for Niall Horan at the Horan and Son company." There was a small moment of silence on the other line before she spoke again.

"Is he cute?" I chuckled through the phone, tilting my head back a little.

"If I were to say that he was unattractive I'd be lying. He's very handsome but he is my boss and I don't even think he thinks of me in any way besides being his personal puppet he gets to boss around. Besides, I don't have time for a man. I'm a very busy person Auntie." I said.

"When are you going to finally settle down? I want you to start your own family sometime soon. I don't want you to end up as that one old lady that is very lonely and does nothing but work so she can afford enough food for her thirteen cats."

"Why thirteen?" I asked before looking over at my bedside to see it was half past eleven.

"I don't quite know. It just popped up in my head." There was another moment of silence before I spoke.

"Well I better head off to bed. It's already half past eleven here and I have to wake up early for work tomorrow."

"Alright, well goodnight love. Tell Mr. Niall Horan that I said hi." I giggled at my aunt.