Chapter 22: The Old, the New, and the Old Again.

A/N Hi guys! So I know its been awhile but I have been super super busy! But I am back now! And ITS DOCTOR WHO WEEK! The 50th Anniversary is in two days! AHHHHHH SO EXCITED! And this book is almost done... I cant believe it. This book has taken me longest to write, but thats ok I suppose. Anyway! Hope you enjoy Doctor Who week! And also this chapter!

                                                                                                                                      Jo

   Electra’s POV

         At one thirty in the morning, I rolled gently out of bed trying desperately not to wake the Doctor. I grabbed my clothes off of the chair I had left them in earlier and grabbed my boots off of the floor.

    I slipped into the hall and shoved my feet into my boots. I walked quickly to Claire’s room and knocked quietly.

   “Claire, it’s Electra, open the door.” I whispered as loud as possible and then knocked again. I heard movement behind the door and a few seconds later it opened to reveal a very tired and worn out looking Claire.

    “Electra, it’s the middle of the night…. What the hell are you doing here?”

    I pushed past Claire into her room before I answered. “I know I said we could send me back tomorrow at midnight, but the Doctor told me what happened earlier and we need to go now.” Claire had shut the door to her room and turned on a light and now stood staring at me.

     “How did you even sneak over here? The entire base is on lockdown because of what happened earlier.”

    I rolled my eyes and let out a frustrated groan. “It doesn’t matter how I got here Claire! All that matters is we fix this now before.” I was interrupted by a loud thunderous boom and the entire base shacking. Dust fell to the ground as the shacking stopped.

    “Oh shit, Claire, we need to go now! Before this base and everything in it are destroyed.” I said as Claire nodded and rushed off to find her clothes. I frantically set about putting my own clothes that I had brought with me on and five minutes later we were ready to go.

    We peeked out into the hall and found utter chaos, there were people running everywhere, half-dressed military men and fully dressed military men getting ready for battle. Me and Claire shrugged and ran out into the melee running for the lab as the entire base shook with another blast.

    We ran through the large amount of dust in the air that fallen during that last blast, we did our best to avoid running into all of the other military men in the halls running frantically trying to get to their posts. I locked hands with Claire worried I might lose her in the crowd as we ran.

    We were two halls away from the lab when I ran smack into someone knocking both me and Claire to the ground. As we struggled to get up Jack leaned down through the dust and helped us both up.

    “Let’s go get this done Electra.” He said as I nodded and we took off down the halls. With Jack leading we reached the lab in no time and we burst inside.

    “I sure hope this works this time young lady!” Jack yelled over the din of another blast as me and Claire began to power up the machine.

  “The only reason it didn’t work last time was because certain people got in the way! And who are you callin young boy scout?” I yelled as another blast shook the base.