Chapter 5: Celebrating!

A/N Hi guys! So the Doc and Electra are back together yay! This is a pretty good chapter I think, I am still doing the jumping through time thing since not alot of action goes on! But the girl to the side is Claudia Donovan aka Allison Scagliotti! She is totally Epic and I love her style! She is so kick ass (pardon le french.) And I think Electra's style is alot like hers! Anyway enjoy!

                                                                                                                                      Jo

Electra’s POV

      For one whole week I watched the phone for as long as I could, I watched the phone before I went to work and I watched it when I came home until the publishing company closed. The other publishers had refused to even read my manuscript, it was all down to how Mr. Conway felt about the book.

     “Electra the publishing company closed a half hour ago.” The Doctor said as he plopped down on the couch next to me. “So?” I said as I continued to stare at the phone and he jumped up and began to bounce around in front of me.

    “So let’s do something!” He said happily as he grabbed my hands and pulled me off the couch. “What are we doing?” I said as I cracked my first smile in days. “I feel like dancing!” He exclaimed and I laughed. “With no music?”

     “Sure! Or we could put some on!” He said as he went over to the record player we had and put on some music, it was slow and romantic and he spun me around as we danced across the floor.

    “Have I told you how beautiful you are?” He asked as he put his forehead to mine. “Yes I believe you told me this morning, and then when I got home, and now again.” I said with a smile as he kissed me gently.

     “I just wish they would call already!” I said and the Doctor gave me an annoyed look. “Would you just forget about it already, tomorrow is Saturday and we can hang around the house and wait for the phone to ring and tinker all day.” He said and I smiled. “That’s it? That’s all were gonna do?” I asked and he smiled. “Well maybe some other stuff but you know.” He said and I laughed.

   We danced until the record ended and by then it was late and we went and layed down in bed. We layed there next to each other for a few minutes like we were waiting for the other to make the first move, then the Doctor rolled over and leaned over me.

    “He’ll call Electra, and it will be to tell you that he loves the book.” The Doctor said and I smiled. “I love you.” I said and he smiled back. “I love you to.” He said as he leaned down and kissed me.

     I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing, I tried to move but found I was entangled in the Doctor’s long limbs and as I rushed to squirm out I barely made it to the phone. “Hello?” I said as I tried to maintain my composure.

     “Mrs. Matthews, this is Mr. Conway, I am terribly sorry to call you on a Saturday but I finished your manuscript last night and just had to call right away and tell you that the sooner you finish it the sooner we can publish it.” Conway said and I did my best not to scream into the phone.

    “Thank you Mr. Conway, I will get to work on the revision right away.” I said and then we exchanged a few more words and I hung up and ran screaming into the bedroom. I jumped on the bed and the Doctor bolted up looking shocked as I grabbed his face and kissed him square on the mouth.

    “I got it! I got it! They’re going to publish it!” I screamed as the Doctor rubbed the sleep from his eyes as the words sank in, then he looked at me and kissed me before laughing. “Yes congratulations!” He yelled as he hugged me and we rolled around on the bed before getting into a pillow fight.