Chapter 11: Love is a Curious Thing

A/N Hi guys! So this is so short and I feel so bad for that! But at least I updated right?! I hope you guys like this chapter! I had a bit of fun writing it! Also in case you all havent noticed Google discontinued the Meebo bar ugh! So if you give me a comment and I dont reply to it, I most likely havent gotten it! So just send me a message saying you wrote one okay? This is going to be annoying not having that little bar..... anyway enjoy guys!

                                                                                                                                  Jo

Doctor’s POV

      We all rode back to the base in silence. I could tell everyone was pleased about us defeating those Cybermen earlier, but something really seemed wrong to me. Rick was driving back and Electra was sitting next to me. I leaned over and whispered in her ear.

    “Does something about all this seem really weird?” She looked at me for a minute and I could tell she was thinking. “You know, now that you mention it, all of the aliens that invaded does seem kind of odd, it’s almost like they knew we were gone…” She said and I nodded.

       “Do you think someone, or something tipped them off?” I muttered half to myself but Electra began to think about my question anyway. “No one who had it out for us knew we were gone though….they could have just figured it out?” Electra said as she leaned forward and tapped on Rick’s shoulder.

    “Yea?” I heard him yell. “Rick when did the aliens invade Earth?” “About three weeks after you two went missing.” He yelled and Electra nodded and then looked at me, I knew the look on her face and it wasn’t a good one.

   “You don’t think?” I started and Electra nodded gravely. “Gildrek.” Was her only reply as I nodded and Rick slammed on the brakes. “Wait! Who the hell is Gilldrek?” Rick asked as he turned around in his seat.

     “He’s the guy who locked us up.” I muttered as Rick’s eyes widened. “The Time Lord?” “Half Time Lord.” Me and Electra corrected at once. “Whatever, your saying he did this?” “It’s highly possible.” Electra muttered as Rick sighed and turned back around continuing back to the base.

    We all climbed out of the Jeep when we made it back to Torchwood, and Rick looked very scared when he saw Clara standing there, hands on her hips looking very angry. I had to admit, Clara had grown up these past eleven years, she was always clever and kind of scary if you made her mad, but I think even Electra was a little afraid of the new Clara.

    “Where were you?” Clara asked crossly as Rick winced a little. “Oh chill Clara, we were discussing a theory.” Electra said from beside me. “The more time you spend out there, the more danger you put yourself in.” Clara said, but the lecture as directed more to Rick than either me or Electra.

   “Look Clara, you’re not in charge of me.” Rick said as he walked over to her and grabbed her wrist gently as they stared each other down. I saw Electra raise an eyebrow next to me as she stared daggers at the gentle touch between them, studying it like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

       “Oh really?” Clara whispered, a small smile tugging at her lips. I saw Electra’s mouth form an ‘O’ as I took her hand and began to drag her from the room. I pulled her out into the hallway as she continued to look behind her.

     “Oh my gosh! Rick and Clara! My companion and your companion!” She whisper yelled as I rolled my eyes. “You don’t know that.” I said as I pulled her closer to me and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

     “Oh really? Last I checked I was pretty good at telling who liked who.” She said and I smirked again. “Like you totally knew that I was in love with you right?” I asked and she elbowed me in the side.

      “Don’t be a smart ass.” She said beside me. “Or what?” I smirked as she stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders shoving me against the wall as she admired me  from about a foot away. “Or you won’t get any more of this.” She whispered playfully as she leaned in and kissed me lightly.

     She winked and then took off down the hall as I chased after her. “Oh no you don’t young lady!” I said as she looked behind her and smiled before ducking into her room and locking the door.

     I pulled out my sonic and unlocked the door, when I went inside it was dark and fumbled around for a light switch, and when I finally found one, I was facing the bed, as Electra was sprawled out on it, she was supporting herself with her elbows and grinning devilishly at me.

     “Well what are you waiting for chin boy?” She asked still grinning. I smiled as I went over to her and leaned down to kiss her gently as she pulled me onto the bed with her. I soniced out the lights with our lips still locked.

Electra’s POV

      I awoke in the darkness of my bedroom and quickly slipped some clothes on before I left the room, leaving the Doctor sleeping peacefully. I walked down the hall, my bare-feet padding silently on the concrete floor.

   I went to me and the Doctor’s makeshift lab and sat down Indian style on the floor. I thought about Gildek and was to fix all of this as I examined the dark blue nail polish that was starting to chip on my toes.

    Telepathic Time Travel was supposed to be possible, it was rumored that early Gallifreyan Time Travel experiments involved telepathy, but it was also rumored to be incredibly dangerous and impossible to travel out of your own time stream.

    Which basically meant that if I were to travel using telepathy, then I could only go so far back as my birth, and only as far forward as my death. Which I really wasn’t that eager to see. I stood up and went over to one of the white boards.

     I picked up a dry erase marker and began to write an equation on it as I heard the door slowly open and the Doctor entered. He was fully dressed but his hair was still sticking up in a million directions and he looked tired, I couldn’t help but smile at how cute he looked.

     “Hey you put your bowtie on wrong.” I said with a smile as I put down the marker and walked over to him. I undid it slowly as he watched me. “This is familiar.” He said quietly and I smiled. “Don’t get your hopes up.” I said as I retied the bowtie and then kissed him lightly.

     A/N I know not alot happened  but its a filler what can I say? Also if any of you want to make a banner or trailer for this story feel free to do so! I will be sure to post all of them next to a chapter!