Maybe It's Wrong But You Know It's Alright

I felt overwhelmingly nauseous within fifteen minutes, but I was far too high to notice. Steven was sitting next to me getting stoned on coke while everyone else did a myriad of other drugs. Aerosmith had stopped playing about a half an hour ago and had joined Angie, Elyssa and I at the table. “So you’re saying that you’d never sleep with Brad…not even for money?” Joe asked, laughing hysterically. We had made a game of asking each other the craziest things we could think of, and it was Joe’s turn to ask me something. Of course, being the ass that Joe was, he chose to ask me if I was attracted to Brad.

“No, I wouldn’t. It’d be extremely awkward don’t ya think?” I asked, looking around for others’ opinions.

“What? What’s wrong with me?” Brad asked, humorously. No one answered his sarcastic query. The truth was, I wasn’t attracted to him. Maybe it was Steven’s beauty that sort of overshadowed anything I could see in anyone. In all honesty, after being with Steven, I hadn’t even taken notice as to if anyone else was good-looking.

“Whatever, Gin. We all know you’re a prude anyway.” Joe scoffed, puffing a joint.

“Well that’s only ‘cause you’re not in the room when we’re doin’ the horizontal mamba. She’s anything but a prude.” Steven chimed in, putting his arm around me.

“Did anyone ask you?” I yelled, embarrassed.  “Can we play a different game?” I asked, wanting to switch the topic immediately.

“Like what?” Tom asked, putting out a joint of his own.

“Twenty questions?” Elyssa asked.

“No!” We all replied in unison. Another winning idea from fabulous Elyssa.

“How about we play truth or dare?” Joey asked.

I considered it. This could get awkward, I thought to myself. But I hadn’t played it since tenth grade so I reluctantly agreed. “Alright; sounds good to me.” I squeaked, still unsure if I really wanted to be a part of this.

“Great…why don’t you go first?”  

“Fine. Um…” I looked around the table, deciding who my victim would be. “Steven, truth or dare?”

Steven looked surprised, but in a ‘I knew you’d pick me’ kind of way. “I’m gonna go with dare.” He winked at me and I felt my body go numb. Those beautiful eyes were too much for me.

I rolled my eyes. “You think you’re real god damn irresistible, don’t you?” I asked, laughing at how his winking had made me feel.

Joe laughed and looked like he was about to answer for him, but Steven cut him off, “Babe, I said ‘dare’ and we already know that I am irresistible anyway.”

“Shut up; I dare you to do that thing we saw that couple doing the other day.” I said, raising my eyebrows, hoping he’d remember. After a few seconds, he was still staring at me blankly, which infuriated me.

“Um, Gin, I don’t think Steven gets your dare”, Brad said. “If you want, me and you could do whatever it was they were doing.”  He winked at me a few times, trying to imitate Steven’s trademark.

“Yeah, Gin, if Steven doesn’t want to, I will.” Joe said, leaning in toward me. I swatted him away and stood up.

“You don’t even know what it is, guys!” I strutted over to Steven’s seat and sat down on his lap. I heard a few ‘oohs’ from who I thought was Joe. I looked up in to Steven’s brown eyes and, before I could get lost in them completely, said, “You really don’t remember?” He shook his head. “Looks like I’ll just have to remind you.” I said, picking up and lighting the joint Tom had put out. I sucked in through the tightly rolled paper and accumulated the smoke in my mouth as the whole table watched. I had really been looking forward to doing this ever since I’d seen a couple doing it at the train station.