"Seriously, Zayn, I really don't know what you're talking about," Liam raised his voice, trying to snap away from the misunderstanding between them. "Me and Niall are just talking."

"Yeah, right," Zayn scoffed. No way that he would believe they were just talking. After that what he had been through with Louis and the fake kiss, and with Perrie and the misguided video, and now this... "Then tell me what you two are talking about," he said, noticing the sudden change in Liam's body expression. Liam couldn't even look him straight in the eye, and that was definitely something suspicious.

"That's... uh..." Liam stuttered, shifting his body to show subtlety that he was unaffected whatever Zayn was accusing him of. He talked to Niall for a particular reason only, and it was only between them. No one can ever find out what his plans were.

"Uh-huh, that's what I thought," Zayn scoffed, leaving Liam pondering in the hallway.

*****

"Let's go!" Zayn spoke with an authoritative tone as soon as he entered the studio. Three pairs of eyes stared at him with a questioning look: Harry's, Louis', and Niall's.

 Three pairs of eyes stared at him with a questioning look: Harry's, Louis', and Niall's

"Go where?" Harry asked, detecting the hostility presence surrounding Zayn.

"I'm not talking to you," Zayn answered abrasively. Unfortunately, Louis didn't like this attitude coming from Zayn. It was arrogant.

"Then who are you talking to?" Louis dared to ask, controlling in his best ability not to snap at his bandmate.

"I'm talking to Niall," Zayn replied, staring intensely into those blue eyes. He convinced himself that it was his responsibility to protect the blonde at all costs no matter what—even if that means burning bridges that connect with his friends. He walked past Louis as Niall sat on the corner of the room. Zayn grabbed the blonde on the arm, pulling him up. "We have to go, Pumpkin..." He said, placing a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's cheeks, guiding him out of the room.

" He said, placing a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's cheeks, guiding him out of the room