19. Wings of a Red Sin

'Did he mean to overpower her literally or figuratively?'

It had only been a few hours since breakfast and she could not shake the words off. She didn't feel like wanting to know more about the incident, let alone the progress of his verified findings. 

She gawks at the blanket covering her face, unsure of what to do with that piece of information. 

If their marriage prevented SeokJin from falling into a catastrophic trap, what would she do next? What can she do to elevate the least of his worries, for a starter? Did she really want to continue with this? Doesn't she want to work somewhere else?

SeokJin steps out of the bathroom. He looks around for MinYoung and notices her covered figure. She had been a bit quiet after their conversation. 

Perhaps, it was the wrong timing to bring his intentions. 

No matter how many times he has washed his hands, it will never be erased, even if it was for the greater good. Whatever he does is for the sake of others and for himself. 

He ambles to his wife and crawls on the bed. It slightly shakes under his weight and MinYoung feigns asleep. As SeokJin pulls the covers off of her face, her false act of relaxing her eyebrows threw it off. It looked like she was constipating, especially with her eyebrows drawn to scrutiny.

"MinYoung, you don't look like you're sleeping,"

Her eyes shot wide open, and a glimpse of SeokJin smiling is apparent in her peripheral vision. She discreetly tries to step away from the bed, but is halted by a gentle grip on her wrist. 

"Uhm ..." she mumbles. 

"MinYoung, my dear, I did not intend to throw suspicion on you after telling the truth of my situation. Can you listen to me a bit more before making your ultimate decision?" he inquires with a frown.

She swallows the nervous lump in her throat. She knew she was insisting on knowing what he does to be involved in such situations. 

MinYoung just needed a bit of time to digest the news. 

"Well ..." she trails off into silence, turning back to face SeokJin. 

She nibbles her lower lip, confused about whether to break this contract off or to stay with him.

She considers it a few times. He doesn't have the intention to break her, let alone take advantage of her. He just wanted someone to listen to him. SeokJin just wants to have a family and this idea causes a rush of warmth into her cheeks.

Would that be the only reason? Would he need a reason at all?

'Why did I think of that out of all matters?'

Finding love doesn't have to start with a blind date or an accidental situation. One may find love through an arranged marriage and it might not work the same. MinYoung hadn't thought much about finding the love of her life, even though her heart sometimes yearns for it.

In truth, SeokJin was a blessing. 

She doesn't know where yet, but there was a feeling to it. He releases the grip. 

She properly sits up against the headboard. Her hands were latched on top of each other. She briefly averts her gaze before looking up at her husband.

"Go on. I'm listening,"

"The reason why I'm saying these raw words to you is that it's the reality of the situation. There have been circumstances where grandmother took things too far. She might have the face of an elderly angel that wouldn't hurt a fly, but if you knew her, that face is nothing but a devil in disguise,"