14. Family

MinYoung gawks at the passing residential buildings in a bright clear sky. They were a mix of contemporary and modern designs. They all had a certain same style to them. The silence and muffled music from the radio barely keep her awake. It was always the same thing that doesn't give room for improvement.

Not that she cared much about it. Her worries and anticipation for SeokJin are growing by the second. She hopes that he's fine wherever he is. He wasn't very reassuring last night, albeit she couldn't do much in her half-asleep state. 

She checks her phone. Her family is excited about her arrival, which puts a smile on her face. 

She takes a peek at the plastic bag filled with free sachet drinks. It is mostly comprised of coffee drinks, caramel flavors, chocolate and vanilla. MinYoung doesn't know what to bring back home, let alone stop on the way to the supermarket.

As the sun ascends higher and the air conditioner blasts cool air against her face, sleep draws her in for another peaceful round. She lies back against the leather seat, her body swaying left and right with the driver's careful motion. 

Time ceases to exist when she is sleeping. 

'Lady MinYoung, we have arrived,'

A gentle nudge on the shoulder induces her to wake. Her heavy-lidded eyes flutter against the bright glaring sun. The heat and chillness of the sun and winter season embrace her. Her clothes stick against her flesh. 

She groans out of her nap before gathering her belongings. MinYoung steps out of the car, her attention now exposed to the brightness of the neighborhood. 

"Thank you, Seonwoo. Please take care driving back home," she remarks whilst bowing down slightly. 

Seonwoo bows down as well, a palm resting on his chest and the other arm against his back. 

"Thank you, ma'am. I will bid my leave,"

As MinYoung surveys, the young man drives out of her sight, and a slight chill courses around her body. She pulls her clothes tighter. She cranes her head to the left, the familiar stainless steel gate standing before her. 

A soft small smile tugs at her lips. She remembers when she used to ring the bell incessantly at night, scared that someone would jump up at her. 

She presses the button, waiting for the ringing intercom and receiver to answer. MinYoung adjusts her sling bag on her shoulder, patiently waiting for a squeal. 

The intercom receives the call, but before she could answer, the main door was already open. 

Fast and light rapid steps bolt their way through the parking lot and small courtyard. A small yet tall figure appears. Her older sister runs through, her high-pitched voice screaming MinYoung's name. 

"My younger sister is here!" 

MinYoung rolls her eyes as she opens the gate.

"It's not like I've moved to another country. It's just a twenty-minute drive,"

Her older sister loops her arm around her, not forgetting to close the gate, dragging the youngin back to the house. 

The familiar strong scent of jasmine wafts up her nostrils. It must be her older sister's fragrance again.

"How are you? What have you been up to? Why are you alone? Where's your husband?" 

MinYoung pushes her sister to sit on the table before clamping her palm on her sister's mouth.

"Tone down your questions or I'll hold you hostage,"

"Kinky," she narrows her eyes, to which MinYoung simply lets out a draggy sigh.