1 - Unexpected Surprise

"MinYoung, there's someone waiting for you in meeting room five,"

There is a tight knot forming in the deepest gut of her stomach. MinYoung slowly turns around, her heart pounding erratically against her frail chest. Her eyes slowly widen.

"Meeting room five? Do they want to see me? Am I going to get fired?" she blurts out.

MinYoung narrows her eyes to her neighbor, Eunha. A woman, so diligent and attentive that she can multitask without breaking a sweat.

She continues typing on the keyboard and without missing a beat, responds, "Actually, no. He's someone from one of the biggest corporate. I believe he's part of the Kim family business. He didn't specify why he's here, but that he seeks for your audience,"

There were definitely hundreds of family businesses that included the Kim lineage.

She doesn't know which one specifically Eunha is referring to, and neither is she telling MinYoung.

Before she could stand up, she tries to remember anyone she's offended in her past years. Perhaps it was an old colleague that left before she could know their names. It may be that they used to attend the same university as she did.

MinYoung is unsure whether she's secretly getting promoted, demoted or fired.

It could be one of the three, although she's only been working in this company for almost a year.

"I suggest you get moving. The boss is also there,"

Her heart almost drops at the remark.

She could not come up with any other reason aside from those three options. MinYoung stands up from her desk and pushes the chair under. She combs through her hair with her fingers and lets out a deep exhale.

'I really can't afford to get fired now. Have I been underperforming? But I've been on time almost every day!'

She ambles around the desks of fellow colleagues. There were two other male colleagues, aside from Eunha, with whom she was quite close. NamJoon, a timid yet bulky man with round glasses naively glances up at her from his monitor. Hoseok, Eunha's engaged partner, gives MinYoung the same confused expression.

It seems that neither of them knows what's up.

MinYoung makes a beeline towards meeting room five, whilst patting off non-existent dust off of her uniform. Although she's clean from head to toe, she still made the effort to appear presentable.

The meeting room is comprised of blurry glass walls. She could barely make out the figures inside the room. There were muffled voices that couldn't be recognized.

She swallows the nervous lump in her throat before gently knocking on the door.

"Come in,"

With shaking hands, she twists the doorknob open.

A gust of cold wind emitting from the air conditioner slaps her head and shoulder. She ignores the chills crawling around her skin and notices the people inside the meeting room. She knew she should've worn a blazer instead of just a grey blouse.

Present inside is her boss and the man who wanted to see her. He has two guards standing on both sides. She didn't have enough time to observe him.

Oddly, he stood up quickly, as if anticipating her presence.

Her boss turns around, a wide smile appeared on his face.

"Ah! Here she is," he remarks with a hint of enthusiasm.

He is a handsome man, as she'd admit so. He is clean-cut and smells of a pleasant musky fragrance that is neither strong nor weak. She clasps both hands on top of each other and takes one step forward.