19. Wings of a Red Sin

Start from the beginning

MinYoung nods her head and blinks once. 

"Yes, you mentioned that a few hours ago,"

"I just wanted to stress it out," he remarks, moving his hands around.

MinYoung reaches out for his hand and holds them together. Her face remains expressionless, although her wide doe-eyes were the only ones distracting SeokJin. 

"Why didn't you leave the police to handle these matters? Why did you endanger yourself in these risky situations?" she inquires. 

SeokJin releases a light groan. 

"Because I know that they won't do anything if I don't bribe them. And they know me so they usually request a large sum. Hence why I have some traces locked up,"

"Ah ..." her mouth gapes open.

Corruption within a trusted organization isn't something new. She just wonders how much he paid for a little amount of evidence. She leans back on the headboard. 

"So, what's your verdict then? What's your next step to gain more evidence to overthrow her?" 

"Well, okay, I'm not entirely suspecting her of being the perpetrator because I haven't managed to collect a lot relative to her. It's just outside of her circle,"

MinYoung arches an eyebrow. She crosses her arms.

"So, just because you said your grandmother doesn't like your mother, that's your assumption that she might've been involved in your parents' accident?"

"Look, there's a lot of people working under her who are corrupted. They are at each other's necks if one pisses the other. It's complicated, but what I really want to stress out is, are you comfortable with blood and gore situations?"

She nods her head.

"Yeah. I was curious about what father has to go through during his visits to the hospital sometimes. It was 'bring your child to work day' and he doesn't know whether to be concerned for my composed reaction or the bleeding patient,"

SeokJin opens his mouth before it shuts open again. 

She had described a past situation so calmly. 

"Anyway," he continues. 

He beckons for her to get up and follow him. 

MinYoung takes the thin sheet of the grey blanket with her, wrapping it around her body. 

"I suggest you don't bring that. It's going to get dirty," SeokJin remarks. 

Her eyes widen before throwing it on the couch. 

"SeokJin, where are we going?"

SeokJin closes the door behind him and replies with mere silence. He has the car keys already jingling in his pocket. It hadn't already been more than a day since their recent incident. 

"SeokJin, are we going out?" she asks, her tone visibly wavering. 

She still is unable to live with the fact that she was kidnapped by Henry's wife. Her mind is still blurry and paranoid from even walking out of the house. She is scared that it'll happen again. 

MinYoung stops in the middle. SeokJin slowly cranes his body around and he arches an eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

Both hands are latched together and she slowly shakes her head.

"I'm scared,"

SeokJin closes the distance between the two and caresses her cheek.