"Hey." Draco says as he enters the kitchen, slumber still thick in his tone.

"Hello." I say, scrolling through a few tabs on the outdated laptop I managed to swipe from the garbage can, just after Shelby tossed it away.

"You're working on that shit already?" He chuckles, pouring himself a glass of fire whiskey and striding over to my chair.

I gladly take the alcohol out of his hand and empty it into the trash can.

"The hell was that for?" He asks, not bothering to pretend to be angry.

"You do not need that. It is 10:00 am."

"I could've used it."

"I doubt it."

I can't help but notice how attractive he looks when I finally bring my eyes to him. His hair is slightly ruffled, there's a crooked smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. However, he looks as if he didn't get any sleep at all.

"Where's your mother?" I ask suddenly, taking note of her absence.

"Away on business. Won't be back until later tonight." He says, turning his back to me and taking a few steps toward the window.

"Oh." I say, leafing through a few more pages of another book. "Well, what should we do for the rest of the day?"

In the blink of an eye, he's moved from across the room to 4 inches away from me, an audacious smirk plastered across his face. "I'm sure we can keep busy." His fingers graze the small bit of bare skin showing beneath my shirt, and a shiver ripples down my spine.

When I realize what he means, I bat his hands away, blushing furiously. "Do not be such a pervert! Plus, I have already made plans for today." I say, holding up my planner and gently shaking it. He fails to cover up a laugh with a cough, and I cross my arms over my chest.

I have never gone that far with anybody, Draco is kind of my first in everything we do. I hope I won't regret it being him.

"What is up with you this morning." I mumble, shutting my books quietly. There is no way I can focus with him stumbling around the room.

"Nothing is 'up with me'." He says, throwing me a strange look. "I do have to go out today, though, for most of the day. I have business to attend to."

"Why?" I say, not able to stop the word as it comes out of my mouth. As soon as I say it, I know I should not have asked.

He pauses and looks up at the ceiling. "You'll be alone most of the day, but I'll
be back around 6:00 or so." He says, disregarding my question, just as I expected him to do. 

"Alright." I respond, deciding not to push the topic any further, and resting my chin in my palm.

***

When I look into Draco's room about an hour later to see if he's left yet, it's empty. He must've traveled by portkey.

When I take a step toward the doorway, intending to leave, something catches my eye, something I hadn't noticed the first time I was in here. There's a bookshelf lining the back of the wall, crafted from a rich mahogany.