Chapter 3| Revelations

There was an instant uproar. Nico in particular had the... best reaction.

He shook me back and forth by the shoulders. "Where is he? Can I see him? What does he do? How is he your master?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." I said, "Calm down,"

He took his hands from my shoulders. "Okay. I'm calm now. Calm,"

I eyed him skeptically. You don't look calm. I thought. "Uh, maestro is back at HQ; don't know, I'll ask; He is... in charge of the NYC branch of our... organisation. He became our maestro when he picked us up from the streets. We'd follow him anywhere,"

"So, how are you, uhh... not dead from the monsters?" Annabeth asked.

"Maybe we should re-introduce ourselves." I grinned in a feral manner. "Crowley Ashworth, son of Thanatos, part of the American Brotherhood, and most importantly at the moment, temporary employee of Chaos Greymist," 

"Chaos?! As in the creator of the Universe?" Annabeth cried in shock.

I smoothed my face in an emotional mask to hide my fury. "Yes." I said coldly. Trust her to get it. "Chaos Greymist, one of, what she calls, people of the Creator rank. Creators of the Three Major Cosmoses and Sub-cosmoses, and the Hub of Sub-cosmoses," 

Everyone blinked.

"Is he involved in what I think he is?" Nico cut in before people started asking questions. I was a bit surprised but then again, considering his position in the Underworld, it wouldn't be hard for him to not know. 

"Assassino (Assassin)." I whispered softly. Nico's face seemed to crumble, and he sagged in his chair. I leaned over and patted his shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry, they all deserved it."

"I guess so, if it was guys,"

"Uhh, what's with this, A-s-ahh-sean-oh?" Annabeth asked. I cringed inwardly at her mangling of the word.

"Assassino," I said again, louder, "Assassin,"

"Oh,"

"Yes, oh," I said scathingly, "Putting that aside for now, my sister, Veronica, daughter of Neptune, and I were sent here by Chaos and maestro to warn you of the current threat and to assist in the fight, as much as we don't want to,"

Veronica blinked. "Now that was weird sentence,"

"Oh, hush," She snorted.

"The threat,"Chiron reminded.

"Right, yes. The threat." I shook my head to clear it. "It's kind of complicated, but in a nutshell it's that maestro is not well liked, so the people that he's pissed off - the Templars and the Titans - wants to kill him and take over the world, so they've formed some kind of alliance. We don't know much of what the alliance is actually about yet, but we figure it goes something along the lines of 'Kill all the Assassins and the demigods, but demigods first since they aren't as spread out and easier to target', so we're here to help you out with that. I think maestro feels guilty since he thinks that he's the reason why they've joined forces..." I mused.

"Also," Veronica added, "we're pretty certain that the Templars also have a Precursor Artifact. An object that can grant a person the power of the gods for all of 10 seconds before it overloads they're poor, mortal brains and they burn out. Literally. We think that demigods will last longer, but we're not sure, since Desmond kinda sacrificed himself to save the world from the Templars..."

"Since you'll be staying a while with us," Chiron interrupted our musings, "will you be staying in your parents' cabins, or a new one?"

"Un minuto (one minute)." I prayed to Chaos, Chaos?

Yes?

Are you going to set up a cabin for us?

Of course! I got the impression that she was scandalised. 

Grazie (Thank you)

It's not like I could just separate you two, could I? I could practically taste the amusement in that question.

I turned back to Chiron. "I believe that m'lady will be arranging some accommodation for us."

"That will be fine."

"We'll be going then." Veronica said, and swept out of the room. I followed her, only pausing to give a brief bow to Dionysus and Chiron, and an even briefer nod to some of the more respectful consolers.

"Let's see what Chaos has gifted us."

___/\_/\_/\___

Word Count: 684

Total Word Count: 2739

Published: 2:02PM EST, 12th September, 2016.