Chapter 1| The Creator of the Universe Has Three Brothers- Don't Ask Why- Or How

Hi! Umm, really sorry for not updating for a while. Also, I APOLLOgise to Veroxoxo13 and Fluffernutter2 for (maybe) butchering your OCs because I didn't have my sheets of paper with me while I was writing this in class. Sorry! But I hope you enjoy this!

I stood silently on the rooftops. My sister also stood vigil as we waited for our target. This time our target wasn't a Templar. He was, however, a nasty piece of work. Tim Brookner, age 37, list of crimes that couldn't be pushed through long as my forearm - and the person approaching the exit of the building below me.

I raised my hand, holding up three fingers. My foster sister, Veronica Soler, probably couldn't see it properly but we'd done it enough times to understand what I'd meant - three seconds. We leapt to the ground and targeted the different parts of his body with our blades - the heart, the head and the neck.

Snick.

Our target was dead; our objective completed.

___/\_/\_/\___

"Maestro." We bowed respectfully. Our maestro was our father: he'd adopted us when he'd picked us off the streets. When we got back to the HQ, he had immediately called for us to come to his office.

"We must trouble you two to go to, and help defend, my old home." He said. We shook slightly in anger. The story of his betrayal was infamous within our Brotherhood. No one could understand why anyone would betray him like that.

"But maestro! Why?!" Veronica cried.

"Maestro." I said respectfully, "We? Where is the other half of the we?"

He grinned, suddenly seeming years younger. "Meet Chaos, the Creator of the Universe." He gestured to one of the many shadows of the room and a woman wearing all black attire stitched with stars stepped out of the shadows. She was of fairly average height and wore a long-sleeved hoodie, leggings, soft boots, and, I assume, a long-sleeved top. Then she pulled off her hood. I was slightly disappointed. I expected some kind of unearthly beauty but Chaos only had average looks, apart from her eyes which were completely black, even covering the sclera, apart from the parts filled with swirling nebula. 

"Hello." She said smoothly. "As your master has said, I am Chaos the Creator of the Universes." Chaos stared at maestro a bit reproachfully, "If you've heard of male Creators, I have three brothers."

I blinked. 

"How does the Creator have three brothers?!" Veronica asked flabbergasted.

"Well, the eldest of the three is my younger twin, who is also called Chaos because we like to switch positions sometimes. He tends to take care of the day-to-day running of things, I've never been the one for bureaucracy. Next, the middle one, is Hongmeng (1). He usually doesn't get involved in much, so he's very much omnipotent, but recently he has taken interest in a new species he has created, the Spectrals (2). He is only a few Grand Kalpas (3). The youngest, Linmeng (4), used to be called Linley, and only joined our ranks a couple thousand years ago. He was originally a mortal who was incredibly, incredibly lucky. As in, once in never lucky. He only cares for his immediate family and, to use an old term, bosom brothers,  so it's pretty hard to piss him off."

"You regret asking now don't you?" I teased after digesting this onslaught of new information.

Veronica blushed slightly. 'I-I-I was just curious!"

"Ahem." Our maestro interrupted our banter. "If we can get back onto the topic?"

"Ahh, yes." Chaos looked slightly abashed. "The Templars are teaming up with the Titans so that they can kill your master and then their individual enemies, so we thought that it would be best if we worked with the Campers and Legionnaires to defeat them, together."

"Uhh, Titans? Legionnaires? Campers? What exactly are you talking about?" I asked.

Chaos grinned. "What have you heard about Greek Gods?"

___/\_/\_/\___

To put it bluntly, we didn't know, like, anything about the gods.

"... And so I got some Celestial Bronze stuff mixed with mortal metals made for you." Maestro was saying.

We perked up at this. "Really?!"

"Yup. Here, for you Veronica, I have twin guns enchanted to never run out of Celestial Bronze bullets, and a set of throwing knives." Maestro lifted up a cloth covering them. "And for you, Crowley, I got a set of throwing knives and a sabre." Again, another set of weapons was revealed. But there was still one more bundle. He smiled secretively. "Chaos was particularly considerate and commissioned these especially for you two." He unwrapped the bundle to reveal two new sets of twin hidden blades.

"Wow." Veronica breathed.

"Yeah." I whispered in agreement.

"Go on. Put them all away." He urged. We scrambled to replace our current weapons with the newer ones.

"So, now that that's over," Chaos spoke up, "We chose you because you all seem to carry the blood of the gods. In other words, you are demigods whose scent was masked by living with mortals, day in, day out, not to mention killing them, and by the lack of your knowledge of the godly world, and, in Veronica's case, my helping to, like you mortals say, grease the gears, a little bit. Crowley," I nervously waited to find out who my godly parent was, "Your father is Thanatos, Greek God of Death, more specifically, peaceful death, and commonly referred to as the Grim Reaper," Then she turned to Veronica, "And your father is Neptune, the Roman embodiment of Poseidon, God of the Seas, Horses, and Earthquakes."

I took a deep breath. "Right."

(1) Hongmeng is from Coiling Dragon. Not going to say anymore because of spoilers!
(2) The Spectrals is the race that the MC from Spectral Regalia creates with the blessing of an omnipotent Creator. I am twisting it so that the omnipotent Creator is actually Hongmeng, because the way the Creator acts in Spectral Regalia and the way Hongmeng acts is really quite similar. Well, that and my wanting to merge a few light novels.
(3) Again from Coiling Dragon, a Grand Kalpa is equal to six quadrillion years! I'm really starting to get scared of these people's ages...
(4) Linmeng is also from Coiling Dragon. In fact, his is the MC! Also, for those not yet on the last chapter of the 25th book, his birth name was Linley but he changed it to Linmeng after meeting Hongmeng.

Word Count: 916

Total Word Count: 1003

Published: 11:34AM EST. 26, March, 2016

Edited: 7:32PM EST. 1, June, 2016