His Green Eyes. (Rem x Reader)

"Rem!" I called out to him. He stopped at the top of the staircase and looked down at me. "Wait up!" I had to the student council's mysterious third library many times. Usually it was to help Shiki with his many schemes.

"If you're looking for Shiki, he's not here." Rem replied coldly.

"I'm not looking for Shiki. I'm looking for you."

"Me? Why?" He looked surprised and quite taken aback.

"Well, you see..." I looked into his light green eyes. "I need your help."

~Timeskip~

"When you said you needed my help, I didn't think you meant homework." Rem huffed in annoyance. 

"You're the smartest person I know. Besides I can get three reports done if you help me."

"Why didn't you ask Shiki?"

"Because I wanted your help, not Shiki's." I smiled at him. Then I climbed the ladder to reach a book on the tenth shelf. After I grabbed it, I looked over the edge of the ladder down at Rem. "Do you think this could help?"

"Yes," After a second's hesitation he added, " lean any further and you're going to fall." I laughed and leaned a little more to tease him.

"Please. I'm like the master of bala....." I fell as I bragged. Damn karma. I slammed my eyes shut. Rem dropped his books and opened his arms to catch me. The force of the impact sent us crashing to the ground. I felt breath on my lips and opened my eyes to find Rem's face not far from my own.

"I told you to be careful." I didn't reply. I was too lost in his eyes. They showed a mix of emotions. Sadness, Anger, Happiness, and a tint of.......love? Unconsciously, I drew closer to him. My lips brushed his gently and I felt him tense, but he didn't tell me to stop or push me away. Gaining my courage, I pressed my lips fully onto his, closing my eyes. His hands went to my waist and roamed to my back, sending shivers going in all directions. My hands trailed from his chest to his face, one in his hair, one caressing his cheek.

When we pulled away for air, I once again stared into his green eyes. He took a deep shaky breath.

"Do that again." He demanded. I smiled and complied to his request.