Memories Don't Always Make You Feel Better

Start from the beginning

“Why? Do you have some hooker coming? I’d be gladly to leave but I don’t feel like going back to that shithole.” I probably said more than I should have to him, I didn’t want him to have another thing he could make fun of me for. But it was already out there, and he could use it against me in further arguments.

“In fact, my girlfriend is coming over. And she doesn’t like strange girls over.” He looked proud of himself, probably for keeping a girlfriend for more than a one night screw. It sounded like he was total whipped though.

I stood up, and crossed my arms over my chest. “Hey, I’m not a stranger. You know me, we’re related. What’s strange about that? We used to even live together!”  It was true, back when I was in fifth grade and he was in eighth. Sabrina came over to our house, drunk as could be. That’s not how I remembered it of course, I was in fifth grade and didn’t even know what tipsy meant. But when my mother talked bitterly about her when she was in jail, with a lit cigarette in her hand; I learned the story. She complained to mom and dad that she always had to do the work with Alpha, and she just wanted a few weeks, a month at most, to herself. Now these are mom’s exact words, but she said she was feeling like she was a pretty badass parent so she agreed quickly. Dad was surprised, because mom could care less for Sabrina. I guess when you got remarried you couldn’t exactly shake off the ex. It was a horrible few weeks, Alpha would bring his friends over and come in and break some of my things. I didn’t say anything though, because I wanted things to work out with Alpha for dad. But when Alpha started pocketing change, mom and dad had had it. He never came to live with us again.

He didn’t look nervous, he just smiled easily. “She doesn’t know you. Hell, I barely know you. Can you leave? Please? You can take my truck if you want.” He begged, and I smirked, look how the roles reversed.

“Hm, I don’t know . . . can I meet her first?” I actually wanted to see the chick that had her talons dug in him so deep, that girl had to be a goddess.

He runs his hands through his longer than other guys’ hair; you can tell he keeps up a good appearance. “Sure, just don’t be an asshole. I have to go shower.”

“Me? An asshole? No . . .” I trail off; I can make a good impression first. Then, well I guess it just depends on how nice she is.

Alpha comes out twenty minutes later, he smells like some cologne I recognize of but don’t know the name. His hair is styled messy, his shirt is unbuttoned just enough to show a little of his chest. He has a nice summer tan, probably from hanging around outside. All in all, right then I wished pretty damn hard that he wasn’t my half brother. Which sounds disgusting, but honestly, I could care less. I found my eyes flipping through his outfit over and over again, lingering on his smooth face and muscular chest you could tell was there from his fitted plaid shirt.

Alpha noticed me noticing him, which was beyond embarrassing. “God Zurie, stare a little harder. I know I look good but,” he pauses, obviously finding a weird pleasure in watching me squirm, “I have a girlfriend.”

At his sudden sentence, three quick knocks ramble on the door. I jumped, not expecting it, it’s like he summoned her just from his previous statement. I mutter under my breath, not catching what I was saying myself. I was stressed, trying to snap myself out of it. I can’t think he’s hot, or anything, but I could always leave to see Vey. Just to get it out of my system, Vey would probably enjoy that.

I hear Alpha greet the guaranteed slut at the door, and I heard a big smooching noise which made me flinch. “Who’s this?” she sounds more worried than pissed, which I guess is a good sign that Alpha probably told her about me already.

I stand up and put a smile on my face, figuring I should play nice until I figure out what her game is. “Hey, I’m Alpha’s half-sister Zurie. You’re his girlfriend, right?” I figure I’ll get bonus points for what I throw in next. “You guys look so cute together! More perfect then Ken and Barbie!”