11: Mate and Guardian (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Ryker’s face lit up with mine and Tristian’s small exchange. He leaned down and left a sweet kiss on my lips.

“Stay here, we’ll bring breakfast up for you.”

Nodding I pecked his lips once more, turning a ruby shade as I realized what I had just done. His shoulders shook with his silent chuckle as he turned and walked out the door with Tristian. I hadn’t missed the glares and raised brow he sent John as he closed the door behind him.

“Give him a chance, Luna. Give us all a chance.”

He said as he walked over to the bed and sat at the edge. His plea soft but heavy with emotions as he looked at me.

“I know you’re worried, but he would never judge you for your past. You had reason behind your actions, you only protected yourself, Luna.”

I stared at him, wide eyed, mouth hanging open.

“H-how did y-you k-now?”

I stammered out, fear and panic covering me head to toe. If he knew and told Ryker, I wouldn’t get a chance to stay, not after what I had done.

“No, Luna, your wrong! Ryker would be angry, yes, but not at you. He would be pissed that he couldn’t kill that bastard himself. Stop feeling and thinking he won’t accept you, believe me, there is nothing you could do that would ever get him to reject you.”

“But how did you know?!”

I whispered yelled, still frightful that someone would hear me.

“We are bonded, I can feel your emotions and at times I can hear your thoughts. Once we complete the bond you will be able to hear mine loud and clear whenever you want, just like I will be able to hear yours….for the most part. You will learn to block me out so I won’t know what you’re thinking all the time.

 It’s a way to keep you safe. If anyone were to ever try and harm you, you can call me and I will always know exactly where you are. You’ll be mated to Ryker and he’ll be able to hear you as well, well we all will, the pack link will be open to you if you choose to stay.

But with a guardian it’s a bit different. I will be the one to protect you, any danger that means to come near you will have to go through me. It’s like….I’ll be your personal, round the clock, bodyguard.

That is also how I knew what happened. I didn’t mean to, please believe me, Luna, but last night you started to project your dreams to me. I-I saw you as a little girl, what he did to you. I couldn’t let you go through that again, so….I took your dream from you. Made it my own and blocked you out.

I couldn’t stand knowing you were hurting in such a way, I will take them all from you, every night for forever as long as I know you will never have to deal with that again. I don’t want you to remember but I know you can’t forget, this way I can help by taking some of the pain.”

He moved closer, grabbing my hand as tears flooded my eyes. Finally! Another person knew, whether I wanted him to or not, he did. The best part was that he didn’t judge me, he still had that aura of love and protection around him that I was grateful for at the moment.

If he could know what happened and still look at me like that, without any type of hate, fear, or disgust then maybe Ryker could too. Maybe then I could be normal, I could love him and stay and live the life I always thought I never wanted. A life I thought I never deserved.

“How are we bonded and how do we finish it?”

I asked, after a while of going over things in my mind. Those two questions were still bugging me. Would it be like Ryker and I? With Ryker, we had to mate, did John and I have to do the same? God I really hope not! I can only think about the possibility of sleeping with one man without losing my head, two would probably make my brain explode.

John’s slightly deep laughter pulled me from my cringing mental image.

“No, Luna, nothing like that! Trust me, I would never look at you in that light. You are beautiful, of course, but you are my Luna….my mother, so to speak.”

Letting out a relieve sigh, I nodded, smiling at him.

“But for Ryker’s sake, please make your decision quickly. His wolf knows I would never touch you in such a manner, but that doesn’t mean he still won’t try to kill me when I do touch you. He’s only going to get more protective and possessive the longer you leave him waiting. He won’t mean to be. It’s just the way wolves are.”

He quickly added the last bit when he saw what his words of possessiveness did to me. The last thing I ever wanted was someone else making me their possession. Then one of his other words struck me.

“Why don’t I have a wolf?”

He looked at me and shrugged, I could tell that question puzzled him as well but didn’t want to dwell on it since he didn’t know the answer.

“I don’t know, but back to your other question….

I was running along, looking for you like Ryker wanted, once I caught your smell I followed you. I had just come up on you when you dug your paws into the ground and pushed off like a fucking bullet.

As I runner I should have been able to keep up with you but…I-I couldn’t.”

He mumbled, hanging his head in shame. I grabbed his hand in mine, giving him a reassuring smile.

“I heard you whimper and when you finally came back into my sight I saw you laying by the tree, blood everywhere. You were bleeding too fast and hard to heal properly. I didn’t know what to do, so I cleaned your wound.

It started the healing but you had lost so much blood. I didn’t think you were going to make it if I didn’t try so….I gave you some of mine.”

He said shyly as he pulled his long sleeve back to show me the raised marks of my name printed in white just above his wrist. I gasped, it looked like a tattoo kind of….but more like a brand. The swirl of my name was beautiful and looked like it belong there, on his skin.

“This is what a mark looks like. When you and Ryker mark each other, this will be what happens. I have your mark cause I cut my wrist and let you drink from it, but then you got greedy and bit me to get more.”

His eyes lit with humor but I could tell he was actually serious.

“But how? I mean we aren’t vamps, blood shouldn’t do that for us.”

“No, we’re not! But when it comes to pack, the link is so strong. Because I had already accepted you as my Luna after…after what Jasmine did….I wanted no ties to her. I accepted you as pack and my Luna because you loved Tristian without question, I saw the way you looked at him and I knew you were going to be good for the pack.

I knew it most likely would bond us as guardian and Luna but I couldn’t let you die. I-if you don’t want me as your guardian, I understand. I’m not a fighter or anything. You can bond with anyone in the pack who accepts you and who you accept.”

He said so calmly but I could feel his emotion. He was actually afraid I was going to say no. I was so awed by him and his willingness to do that for me, I couldn’t help but accept him.

“You know you’re going to have to learn to fight, right? I’ll teach you.”

I said with a smile just as the door opened and in drifted the most amazing smell ever.

Ryker, Tristian, and Strawberry French toast.                                      

*Cry with you- Hunter Hayes ~~>*