[10]

Important authors note about this book at the end of the chapter!

Chapter Ten

Just like that, everything came fading back into reality. When everything went black, I had a dream, not a nightmare for once, of our family smiling and laughing again.

Then, reality hit and everything changed for the worse.

Opening my eyes, I gasped for air, the aftereffects of the drug still wearing off. My vision was blurry and I blinked multiple times to see clearly again.

When I did, I was met with a dark room, with nothing expect for a curtained-covered window to eliminate light. I'm pretty sure it was night, since no light tried to poke through the curtain.

Looking around, I attempted to get up, but restraints held me down. Yanking with all my might at them, I attempted to pry them off of my hands, but my efforts were useless.

Taking in my surroundings, I noticed how I was laying on a bed, my head rested against a pillow. Next to me was a small chair in the corner of the room and a closet opposite side from me. There was another door, which I'm guessing lead to another room.

Then all the events that happened hit me like a truck. The diary, the accident, Lucia being a bitch and her bringing us to him, my small crush on Grayson, and figuring out this mess.

But at this point, all I wanted to do was walk away.

The truth was starting to look dangerous and I couldn't take it back now.

All of a sudden, I heard loud footsteps coming from the outside. Quickly, I pretended my eyes were shut and that I was still out when the door opened and light from the outside poured in. With my eyelids closed, I could still feel this however.

"-And this is where she is, I had to drug her." I heard his familiar voice say.

"Drug her? If you hurt her, I swear-" Someone said, their voice familiar.

"I didn't touch her, she fine. All I did was knock her out to bring her to you because she really wants answers so you can give them to her." He spoke.

"What did you tell her?"

"Only the basics, now you explain the full story. I warned you on what would happen if she ever tried to find me, so that's why I put my own daughter to make sure she was doing nothing wrong." He said.

"When will she be up? I haven't seen her in about six, seven months." The same voice I recognized said. All of a sudden, my eyes snapped open at the other person's voice.

"Mom!" I exclaimed, attempting to lift my head up to see my mom.

After all these months, I finally got a clear picture of my mom. Mom looked alright, she appeared to be healthy and strong like she usually was. Her clothes were neat, not torn up or anything. Her brown hair was put down and her brown eyes held anxiousness in them.

Next to her was the man. Since I haven't figured out his name, he will remain the man. He stood their, taller than mom, as both of them focused on me.

In a split second, mom ran over to my bedside.

"Avia? Oh baby, my baby." She softly said, tears falling down her cheeks. As mom pulled me into an embrace, I tried to hug her the best I could. Squeezing me tight, all the memories flooded back of us hugging and feeling a sense of normality when it came to family.

That hug felt like a weight was taken off my chest; life was feeling stress-free right now, even if it was the opposite of this.

When mom pulled away, she grabbed my face, studying how I look. Looking into her eyes, I noticed pain that my mother always hid when she was around me. Anyone in this room could practically feel the pain she was having.