[7]

Chapter Seven

The knife hung from her finger tips. Grayson made eye contact with me and it looked like he was sorry for what he had done, but I was too stunned to care.

"Well, look who is here, Miss Avia Butler," Lucia spoke as she smirked. With the knife still in her hand, she took a few steps toward me. But before she did, she turned to look at Grayson.

He tried to cover up his fear but it was evident that he was afraid.

"You, don't move," Lucia ordered in a deadly voice. He nodded his head, still holding my journal. Lucia turned away from him and slowly walked over to me again.

Soon, she was right in front of me.

"Why are you doing this?" I questioned her.

I was actually surprised she took it this far. I could handle the pushing and even some physical contact with her, but her threatening us with a knife!? And yet, how did she know what we were up to?

"Can't say, all that I can say it this: you need to stop trying to find out about what happened to them," She told me in a low yet threatening voice.

My face went palace at what she had said; my hands were becoming clammy and weak. How did she know about what the both of us were up to?

My eyes trailed to the knife and she smirked once again.

"Wondering how I know what you two are up to? Well, you see-" She spoke, twirling the knife around in her finger tips. The knife moved swiftly and I was starting to get anxious about where this was going.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Grayson looking at us with fear. His green eyes held concern and I noticed he had picked up my book.

In a split second he looked at the small dresser the boys shared. My gaze followed to his and I saw he was looking at a small, yet steel trophy on the dresser. I gave him a understanding look as Lucia caught my eye.

I attempted to make it look like I was looking at her.

I could see Grayson slowly walking to the dresser. He was going to reach the trophy soon and soon we could be out of this situation.

"-Someone that I know, told me. So if you want to live, I suggest that you do as I say." She said, holding the knife up to my throat.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Grayson grab the trophy. Lucia met my eye and she must of found out what was going on.

In a instant, she spun me around and pressed the knife to my throat.

"Drop it, now!" Lucia ordered as Grayson put his hands up, dropping the trophy. I knew there was no way he would take the chance while the hard metal of the knife pressed up against my skin.

I squeezed my eyes shut. When I reopened them, I saw Grayson staring at Lucia with as much hate as he could muster. If looks could kill......

"Now I think you want to listen to what I have to say. If you don't listen, there will be some serious consequences!" Lucia spoke. From his hand, Grayson still held my book.

"Why are you going this! Just because you hate me doesn't mean you have to threaten me with a knife! For Pete's sake, is that how low you are!? You constantly bully me and make me feel bad about myself but try to kill me!? Come on!" I exclaimed out loud.

I expected Lucia to death the knife against my throat, taking me away from the harshness of reality.

Instead, she let go of me. Once she did, I turned around and faced her.

Unlike her usual bitchy face, her expression was defeated.

I grew confused, wasn't she the one holding the knife to us?

She motioned for both of us to sit on the bed.

"Sit." She ordered.

"Why should we sit after you almost threatened to kill us!?" Grayson spoke, spitting the words right out of my mouth. She sighed, as she walked towards him.

"Because if you don't, you won't find out about what happened to your mom!" Lucia said. My eyes widened as I motioned for Grayson to sit on the bed.

Both of us sat on the same bed. Lucia sat on the one opposite from us, facing our direction. The knife, although not pointed at us, still hung from her hands.

"Tell me about what happened to her!" I immediately demanded. Lucia sighed as she began to talk.

This was something I had been wondering and searching for, I was bound to find out the answer. I was desperate to find out answers. The full story needed to come out soon, or else I didn't know what I was going to do.

"The night of the murder, your dad was shot, and grandparents cut up, correct?" Lucia asked, as I looked down and nodded.

I felt a few tears come to my eyes and Grayson grab my hand. Our eyes locked for a second and I saw concern and understanding like I had saw before. I looked back at Lucia.

"So what happened to mom? Is she dead?" I questioned, whispering the last part.

"It's more complicated than that Avia," Lucia spoke as I felt myself get furious. I didn't care of it was simple or not, but where was my mom? What happened to mom? I asked if she was dead or alive, not if it was complicated!

I needed answers, but now I questioned whether or not I was ready to receive the answers I got.

But the urge to find out was what was driving me.

"I didn't ask if it was complicated, I asked what the hell happened to her!" I spoke, raising my voice. I stood up, not having control of my actions, and felt like charging at Lucia, but Grayson held me back.

In an instinct, she held up the knife again.

"Hey! Calm down!" Lucia ordered.

"Just tell me! Is she dead? What happened to her? Who did this to-"

"Avia, your mother is alive and I can take you to see her," Lucia told me as the statement took me off guard.

She was alive?

||||||

Dun dun dun!

Oh shit, Colette's alive! I repeat, she is alive!

This chapter isn't edited, like I have said in my other books before. Editing will take place when I finish the book from now on.

Bye y'all! 💓💓